Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas in Michigan

We were lucky enough to get to spend an entire week in Michigan this Christmas.  It was the first time we had been there for that long since 2006 - when Aaron proposed to me in MI we had been on a weeks' vacation.  :)  I LOOOOOVED being up there long enough to relax, not think about the ride home, and spend some quality time with the wonderful Anderson family :)
 
To get ready for the trip, I had the best little elves helping wrap presents this year!
 

Ummmm...guys....there's tape stuck to my finger that I can't get off :)

 The trip to Michigan was pretty good.  Addy got sick as usual - craziness because we weren't even 40 minutes into the 8+ hour drive...but, we got this down to a science so we were back on the road in no time. 

Also - we were JAM PACKED!  Aaron could not see out the back --- and I couldn't stretch out my feet.  I'm thinking that sometime in the UNFORTUNATE near future, I'm going to be the proud owner of a mini-van.  Ha ha......we'll see how long we can hold that off!

Think there is anything else we can fit in there????

The kiddos also had a wonderful time in Michigan.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE how well they are with everyone and how loved they are.  When we don't get to travel there as often as I wish we could, it always feel good to have the kids be so comfortable and happy!

Hiding in Papa's cupboard!
I love this picture!  The girls got along SO well and they do not get to see each other often at all.  The last time we saw Rylee and Sadie was Christmas 2011 and these girls were giggling, laughing, being super silly and loud within a few minutes.  So cute and so fun.  (Sadie and Addy are only a week apart in age).  We totally wish we could see the Spindler's more often!
Posing by the Christmas tree at grandma Barb's on Christmas Eve.  We had gone to mass that night and then to grandma Barb's.  The kids did very well during church - Addy loves the songs at Children's mass, and she is starting to pick up bits and pieces of the readings and pay attention.  It's fun to see her interest.
Home to Papa Lowell's and getting ready for Santa
Santa brough Blake a spiderman dress up (so he had other options other than princess dresses!)


Auntie Tina & Blake...love this pic
The kiddos got sleeping bags from Aaron and I that they got to open the first day we got there.  We got them the full size ones so they could grow with them...it was too cute to see them laying there, not even taking up 1/4 of the sleeping bag!
 During that week, we went sledding and bowling.  I have pics from both but there are lots, so I'm planning on doing them later - at least the snow ones! 

After we drove home we got to celebrate Christmas with our family of 4.  Santa had brought the majority of his gifts to our house in Pine Island since we had to travel so far, and the gifts that we had gotten for the kids, other than I think 2 of them, had stayed home. 

We are home from a long drive and Santa came, and, .... whoo hooo!
"Don't mind me, I'm just using my new screwdriver on EVERYTHING.  Presents?  I have other ones to open?? ....yeah later, I'm using my new 'power tool'."  What a MAN!  :)
Another successful Christmas in the books :) 

No comments: