Tuesday, January 6, 2009

20 Week Update

Happy New Years Everyone!!! Aaron and I met on new years 4 years ago. So it was sorta our anniversary! This year we hung out with my sister Angela and her husband Phil on New Years. We are both pregnant, so it was nice company to be in. We played Nintendo Wii all night :) What a difference 4 years can make! I put on a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt right before we left the house, and I thought, I wonder if Aaron thought it would come to this the day we met...just sitting around in basically pajamas and hanging out with some family on such a "going out" holiday...I love it!!
.

Here is a pic of Aaron and I the first year we were together

Now on to the baby...Tomorrow marks week 20! Half way there! Aaron thinks it has gone slow, I on the other hand, can't believe we are already half way done :) We had an appointment today as well as our major ultra sound - where we COULD have found out if we are having a boy or girl - but we stuck to our plan and still don't know!! Everything seems to be going good. All of the anatomy was in the "normal" category, which my doctor was happy to see!

As for me - I'm doing well also. Most of you know that I love to run and workout. Well, I've barely seen the inside of the gym since September. I was way too tired and nauseous in the first trimester...then the holidays came...and well, you know all the excuses! But, I just bought a new prenatal workout video that has 20 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of toning. I did it today and am pretty happy with it, so I'll continue to do that throughout the rest of the pregnancy, in the comfort of our home!

CRAVINGS!!!! People always ask me if I have had any unique or random cravings, and really I haven't for the most part. I think last Sunday may mark my first TOTALLY random food request/craving. I was waiting for Aaron to get home from the the cities, and all of a sudden, I really...REALLY...wanted Potato Oles from Taco Johns. Now, first let me say, if Aaron and I go to a fast-food Mexican restaurant, it's always Taco Bell. Soooo, the last time I've had Potato Oles is probably when I was in college...5 + years ago. None the less, they came into my head and I wanted them ASAP - so I called Aaron up and put in my request with my lovely husband and he was my hero and stopped for them on his way home! I'll chalk that up to a craving!

Here are some pictures of the ultra sound today. I was not as happy/excited about these pictures considering it was our "big" ultra sound. She took 3 "face" pictures, 2 "profile" pics and 2 "feet" pics and that was it...just not the same :) Either way, I'm so excited to see our baby when we have ultra sounds, and love to show off Lil Poppy!

Here is the "face" picture (head on the left, tummy on the right)!

Aren't feet so cute...5 little toes - so cute!

Side profile. I loooove side profile pics, this one isn't
as good as last time, but I still love it!

Annnnnd....the good old tummy pic :) These were taken on New Years day, (19 weeks, 1 day).

For the most part, I'm now in maternity clothes. BUT, I discovered that I can still wear these jeans (and button them!) so they are my new favs! Ha ha!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Happy 20 Weeks to you too! I like the baby pictures you put up of you and Aaron, cute! And sorry Marissa but I voted Aaron cause I think its going to be a boy.
Take care!