Wednesday, January 21, 2009

...Busy...Busy...Busy...

Wow - lots going on these days! Sorry, this may be a long post! Now that the holidays are over, it is "down to work" for Little Poppy's arrival. Aaron's starting to get very busy working more often on finishing our basement. The next few weeks it's electrical and plumbing work - than on to sheetrocking! Oh what fun :) I've been making lots of phone calls for day care, finalizing what I want to do for Lil P's room...and - ugh - I can feel the stress! Here's our life in a nutshell for the last few weeks:

A couple of weekends ago Aaron and I went to Babies R Us in the twin cities and purchased our crib and dresser. I'm excited! We chose an "espresso" colored crib, which will go awesome with the theme I'm planning on doing for the room (which is for another post). The crib can eventually be transformed into a toddler bed, and a head board for a full-size bed as well, so that'll be nice. The dresser has a changing table on top, but the rails of that are removeable, so when that is no longer needed - it'll just be a dresser! They won't be assembled 'til probably early/mid April once the stuff that is in our current spare bedroom - future room of Little P - can go downstairs!

This past weekend we had our final Christmas with Aaron's mom, Paul, and his step-siblings! It was nice to have a weekend away from home where we could relax and not think about what needs to be done! Unfortunately, Tina and Tammy couldn't make it - they were missed! Lil P even got some gifts! He/She got the cutest onesie ever, and a saying to go on the wall of the nursery: "Every child is a story yet to be told" - very cute!
.
Just posing for a pic w/ the onesie
.
Up close! It's a little lemon, and says "Squeeze Me" - seriously, adorable!
.
Aaron - always up for a good time, was not happy that people seemed "tired" around 7. So he made a trip to Walmart to get everyone "energy shots" - here's him w/ his step-siblings and their significant others before they took the drinks. Thank goodness it said on the bottle that it wasn't recommended for pregnant women, or I know he'd have made me take that. I was happy taking the picture of the group instead!
.
Daycare - all I can say about this is "ugh"!! I've been on the phone with about 10-15 different providers in the area, and we have meetings with 4 of them. 2 of which I am excited about, 2 of which I'm not so sure about. We were hoping to find a daycare provider in Stewartville (the town I work in, about 20 minutes from Rochester) since we think we might end up moving there eventually (in like 5-10 years) and having our kids go to school there (again another post, but in a nutshell, we both grew up and went to school in smaller towns, and have decided we'd like that for our kids). Anyway, what a headache! But, the thing that has been most frustrating is our experience on Monday:
.
We had an appt. to meet w/ someone at 6:00. We pulled up, and the house looked pitch black, but we went to the door anyway...no answer. So we got in the car and I called the house on my phone...no answer. I left a message requesting a call back to reschedule and to find out what had happened...Never heard anything. So today I thought I'd give her a call and see what was going on. I was thinking there may have been an emergency or something. Well, the conversation was basically a "oh I've been meaning to call you, I'm so sorry, it completely slipped my mind. I was at gymnastics with my daughter". I understand being busy and having it completely slip your mind - but when I got home and heard the message, I think I would've been on that phone calling! Like I said, one word to sum up my daycare experience so far: ugh.
.
Amsterdam! Yep...Amsterdam! One of my best friends from college, Amy, and her husband Adam are moving to Amsterdam on Friday. I'm so excited for them, but so sad for us that they will be so far away. Last night we went and had dinner with them and our other good friends, Jeff & Rachel to say our goodbyes. It really doesn't seem real! One good thing - they are just about an hour or so train ride away from PARIS FRANCE. For those of you who have been to my house, it doesn't take a genious to know that I'm all about Paris! Sooo - my goal is to visit them and go on a day excursion to Paris. Do you think it will happen??? They are going to be there for 2-3 years...maybe, just maybe it'll happen :)
.
Rachel, Jeff, Adam, Amy, me & Aaron saying good by to the White's - we'll miss you guys!!

The Pregnancy - I've been feeling pretty good this week, but last week and the week before, it was almost as if the morning sickness was back. On our way to get the crib, I started feeling very sick, and had a nice experience at the gas station. As Aaron pumped gas, I wasn't able to make it into the store, so I threw up right next to the pump! Wonderful. The best part is Aaron said a Truck that had pulled up next to me was just staring at me and laughing...I'm guessing since I was hunched over they couldn't see my belly...

I am definitely getting to the point where I am OBVIOUSLY pregnant! In the last few weeks, I have had strangers ask me when I'm due - so I've definitely passed the stage where if you don't know me, you just may think I had too many treats over the holidays! It's nice to be past that point!

I sent in our form to enroll in prenatal classes - so that's going to be here soon. It starts late March and goes through the end of April. Fun times ahead! We decided to do a week night class since our weekends are pretty precious trying to work on the basement and such.

Comments! Sorry, I know this is a long post, but I just wanted to say one more thing. I love seeing comments on the blog. I know a couple people have mentioned that they went to leave comments but weren't able to without signing up. I think I have changed it. If you click on the area to write comments, and select "anonymous" you should be able to write your comment without giving any information. Just be sure to leave your name in your post so we know who you are! If that doesn't work, someone please let me know!

Thanks as always for visiting our blog :)

3 comments:

White said...

I was looking for the comments section - glad I found it! I am so excited for you guys, this is such an exciting time! I am so glad that I can look on here when I am thinking of you guys! I miss you already...

Brooke said...

I completely understand the stress you are going thru with trying to find a daycare. I remember calling and interviewing SO many places and being so stressed cause none of them seemed good enough for our little girl. Finally we had a great interview somewhere and we knew right away it was the one. We still absolutely love it and I am happy that baby sis will be going there too. Try not to stress too much about it. One of these days you'll find the right one. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

We really miss you guys. Sounds like life is very busy and fun times with the babys room and basement projects. Keep in touch. Love you both. Tam