Monday, October 26, 2009

Busy Busy!

Wow - what a busy fall we have going on here. Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I am one busy mommy! I am taking a course right now to help me prepare for an exam to get my PHR (Professional Human Resources Certification). The course is once/week - and requires about 200 pages of reading in a week. And let me tell you - IT IS HARD TO FIND THE TIME! I could read 200 pages of a novel in a day with no problems, but this reading is different ---- much different!

I don't really like to start reading on the weeknights until after Addy goes to bed, because I want to spend time with her after she's been at daycare all day and myself & Aaron have been at work...so getting in all the reading in a week is a little stressful, but that's okay.


Looking cute in one of her fun fall outfits! Not the best expression, but I think she's still a doll!

Addy is SO FUN right now. She is getting really strong - she sits right now if you have her legs sorta wide - but she leans pretty far forward still. I think she's getting the hang of it though and she'll be sitting (and then crawling) before we know it!

She 'talks' all the time and squeals with delight. She's started a new thing where she scrunches up her mouth and nose - it is HILARIOUS and entertains Aaron and I. We call it her "mad face" although she's not mad at all when she does it. We have no idea where she got it, because she started doing this randomly on a Sunday when we had just been hanging out with each other all weekend, and she didn't pick up on it from us!


Addy's "mad face"! (It gets even more dramatic than this)

Aaron's also been busy, with work and doing some projects outside of work too. He's REALLY excited because he is heading up to the UP in a few weeks to go deer hunting. He hasn't been able to make it the last few years, so he's really happy to be heading out to his dad's deer camp and spending time with the guys and his family :)

Oh yeah! Speaking of the U.P. - I'm wondering if you've had any snow?? We had quite the snow fall last Friday (10/23) and I couldn't help but wonder if we had beat the U.P. with the first snow fall of the year? Check it out!

Our October Snowfall! Standing in our driveway looking toward the main road
.

Looking toward our house - they were the big sticky snowflakes that would be perfect for making a snowman!...things to look forward to doing w/ Addy in years to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well dear you did beat us in the snow fall. we did not have any. addys face is to cute. I am so excited to see you guys next month. take care love ya lots tam

Lindsay said...

Hey Marissa, didn't know you were an HR dork like me. Good luck on your PHR - I was lucky to take mine when I was still in school, so everything was still fresh in my mind. I imagine it would be hard to do now, especially with the hectic life of a new mom!! I check your blog occasionally, since Addy is about the same age as Willow. She's adorable!