Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rice


Rice Cereal - Day One: not a happy camper! (look closely and there are some crocodile tears)

Rice Cereal - Day Five: this isn't so bad!

Mommy, isn't it funny how upset I got the first time you gave me cereal??

After Addy's 4 month check up, we decided to give cereal a try. She was showing lots of interest in food, and even tried to take some bites when she was sitting on my lap during breakfast one day! She was very upset with me the first few days, but its getting better. I think the texture is so different from what she's used to, and that is what upsets her. We have some videos of it, maybe I'll post her reaction some day when I have more time :) We have to feed her in-between bottle feedings - 'cause if you catch her when she's really hungry, cereal just does not get in her tummy fast enough!

We're making progress, but taking it slow - no need to rush it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of the golf commercial with the shank o potmiss baby. from papa lowell

Amy T. said...

Good to hear that cereal is considered OK now! :) Hopefully it eventually leads to a happy, full baby who sleeps all night