I can't believe it, but I am already 14 weeks pregnant, which means that I'm officially through the 1st trimester. Whooo hooo! It has gone super fast. It probably has to do with the the fact that we shared are news about 3-4 weeks later with this baby, so I haven't been talking about it very much until recently, and also the fact that I have little miss Addalyn to help preoccupy my time so I don't just get to sit around and think and dream about my little babe :)
The most common question I've gotten so far is if we are going to find out the sex of this baby, and the answer is no. We already have the neutral sleepers and such for the first few weeks/months and the two will be sharing a room for a while (that is already decorated neutral). We have 4 bedrooms, but only 2 upstairs, and I can't imagine moving Addalyn downstairs by herself already. So, we will keep it a surprise until the day they are born!
For those of you already trying to decide of it will be a boy or a girl, I have no clue. But I WILL say, that there are some similarities between the pregnancies so far:
- I typically don't like orange juice, but for some reason I craved it the first month or so of being pregnant in both cases
- Morning Sickness: UGH! Brushing my teeth was my enemy with Addalyn, and is holding true with baby #2 (don't worry, I still manage to brush them, ha ha!). Although, I do seem to be rounding a corner a little bit on the sickness thing, but not the brushing the teeth thing!
- Heart rate for Addy & Baby 2 were both around 150 at the beginning: borderline for all the myths where high heart rates are girls, low are boys.
So, who knows? Part of me thinks it'll be a boy since we already have a girl, and part of me thinks the complete opposite. I had no clue with Addy :) And really, as it didn't before, it doesn't matter to me! Either one will be a new adventure regardless, since each little baby is so unique and has their own personality, regardless of if you are a boy or a girl!
I could talk forever about this exciting time in our lives, but for now, I'll leave it here, with the announcement finally out there.
Enjoy the pictures of our kids:
Baby 2, at 12 weeks/5days gestation
3 comments:
Congratulations on your very exciting news!! Looking forward to hearing about the progress and seeing more pics of big sister Addy! Miss & Love you!
Congrats guys! How exciting! I was wondering when you were going to put the news on the blog. We're very happy for you! Take care.
Congratulations Anderson's! I am sure that Addy with just love being a big sister. Best wishes!
Lindsay
Post a Comment