Monday, February 21, 2011

Snow Day Safari!

Today I went on a little field trip with Addy & Blake's daycare.  We went to "Snow Day Safari" at the civic center - it was a fundraiser to get a Children's Museum in Rochester.  We really are a big enough city for a children's museum, I think the reason we don't have one is because we are so close to the Twin Cities.  I HOPE HOPE HOPE that enough money gets raised.  There are so many Saturdays where we want to just get out for a bit and do something entertaining, and at Addy's age those options are sort've limited in the winter.  If we had something like that, we'd have a good few hours of entertainment for her...and then Blake when he gets older.

I've just started to hear about it, but I guess it has beenin the works for quite some time now...and we are getting close!  SO EXCITING!

The event today was lots of fun.  They had lots of little exhibits, and then a children's singer: Justin Roberts and the Not Ready for Naptime band.  They were so good - if you have little kids, I would recommend them!  Apparently they've been nominated for a grammy.  There was one song they sang that got me a little teary eyed.  It was called "The First Day" and it talked about how everyone gets nervous on the first day (of anything...going to school, the dentist, etc) and it talks about how mommy and daddy were nervous too on the first day you were born and such.  So cute!!

Here we Go!  Not sure why, but pictures of little ones on a mission from behind are SO cute to me!
 
Addy & Autumn "digging for fossils!" (Addy could have stayed here all day)

Building a House!
Addy also went to a farmer's market and got mama some flowers and weighed the fruit she wanted to buy, played bean bags (in which I said that her daddy would be proud to start her young!) and also played some music with some instruments.  They also had other exhibits there like send a letter to soldiers, playing other sports, a bouncy house (Addy DID NOT like the bouncy house...too many kids bigger than her, she got tossed around a bit!), story time and of course the concert.

Oh my goodness Addy LOVED the concert!  She's really into music these days (singing and dancing to songs, doing "actions")...and she danced the entire time at the concert, I got some good actions shots!

Dancing Dancing Dancing!

Blake was such a good little boy today!  He just smiled and looked around - very curios. Here is my handsome man during the concert!

Addy dancing with some of the older girls @ Julie's (Paige, Autumn, Julia, and Julie).  Her "BF" @ daycare (Kyra...Addy calls her Kewa it's so cute when she says it!) wasn't there today.  And the other little girl Wynter that is Addy's age was up front jamming!
 Julie had packed a sack lunch for the kids and laid out some blankets to eat at the event.  Our local news, KTTC was shooting the event while we were doing this...and they got taped!  First they took a quick shot of Blake, then scanned the picnic.  Blake, as well as Addy & her friends made the 5:00 news, and Blake made the 6:00 news (which I'm thinking means he'll be on the 10:00 tonight too!).  That was too cool!


This pic was taken around the same time they camera took a shot of him...so this is about what was on TV (but my pic is a little closer!).  Putting things in my mouth are nummers these days!
Picnic time - this is about what was on the news of Addy too!
I'm so glad I was able to go with them today.  I went into work late and then Aaron picked the kids up so I could stay late at work to get things done...but it was totally worth it!

No comments: