Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blake's Baptism

We had Blake's baptism during Saturday night's mass service this weekend.  My sister Shannon and her husband Chad are Blake's Godparents.  He looked like such a handsome little man.  :)
If this outfit isn't a "mini Aaron" outfit, I'm not sure what is!
Blake did wonderful during the service.  He didn't cry at all while he was being baptised. He just stared and looked around all content :)

Just finished getting the water poured over his head!


Father Tim with Aaron, Blake and I
Blake with his Godparents
G & G Bertucci - with Addy & Blake :)

G & G Tarara with Addy & Blake
Grandpa Lowell wasn't able to make the trip from Michigan.  We thought of you and missed you - but COMPLETELY understand how hard it is to make the long drive.  We can't wait to see you in March :)

After the service we had everyone over to our house for supper & cake.  We had a great time sitting around our kitchen table talking, laughing, etc until after 11 at night - definitely not something we usually do so late into the night.  Good company and good conversation :)

I made/decorated Blake's baptism cake.  I have to say I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.  I'm starting to get more successful in my cake decorating abilities :)


Mama, Blake and his cake!
Funny thing - when our niece Brynne showed up to church, her and Addy had the same dress on!  I had just picked it out for Addy this week and Shannon said she's had it for Brynne for quite some time.  My sisters Angela and Shannon end up doing that a lot for their girls...buying the same clothes without knowing/talking about it.  I guess Addy is now old enough to be in the same line of clothes of them so I'll start doing that too! 
Addy and Brynne in their matching outfits!


1 comment:

White said...

Wow, that cake looks great Mar and I love the matching outfits, that's funny - sister's always seem to be on the same wavelength ;) Blake is getting so big! I can't wait to finally meet him!