Thursday, April 14, 2011

Weekend Travels

In March we did a few weekends of traveling back to back.  The first weekend, we went to Madison and spent time with the Charbonneau's - Jason ("Charby") is one of Aaron's closest friends.  It was a nice weekend.  We did a few things, but really just relaxed together and caught up. 

We happened to pack a pair of jammie's for Addy that their oldest also had, so of course it was a good photo opportunity! 


Alexis (3) and Addy (22 months)
Both Aaron and Jason are such great dads.  It's awesome to watch them with their kids.  Like his wife Maryellen commented...knowing how crazy those 2 would/could get back in the day, it is funny to think that those crazy guys now have kids (3 out of 4 being little girls) and just fun to see where life took them.  :)

Blake & Addy Anderson; Alli (Allison) & Alexis Charbonneau
The next weekend in March we went to Green Bay to spend some time with Aaron's family.  We typically go to the U.P. every March, but it just seemed like a lot this year to make that drive around March, so we thought we would try and meet at a half-way point. 

Green Bay is perfect -- only 3 hours for Aaron's dad/sisters; 4 for us without stopping.  Sure beats the 7 hour drive that we have...which typically becomes 8-9 with our stops (poor little Addy is not showing signs of getting over car sickness anytime soon!). 

Unfortunately Tina and the rest of the Lindholm's couldn't make it that weekend - but his sister Tammy and the rest of the O'Brien's and Aaron's dad made the trip down.  Aaron also has relatives in Green Bay - his aunt/uncle Sue & Gary, and 2 their kids -- Dustin (Aaron's best man in our wedding) and Derek all live there. 

Friday night we stayed over at Derek's house.  I think I've blogged about them before when we went to GB after Vanessa's wedding last summer...Derek has 2 little boys.  His oldest, Tyler is a riot!  You just have to have a conversation with him -- I just can't do him justice.  He is on the go 110% of the time and total entertainment!

He has a Silverado that he wanted to take Addy for a spin in.  Not going to lie, I felt like I had fast-forwarded 14-16 years and some crazy teenager wanted me to trust him with taking care of my little girl in his truck on a date.  Crazy!

Anyway --- it's actually pretty cool and Derek made sure to run after them the entire time so that they didn't crash into anything, LOL!

Hey you two -- keep your eyes on the road!  (how cute is this??)
Saturday we checked into a hotel that has a nice waterpark.  Everyone came to the hotel for the day to take advantage of the water park and of course watch some basketball later in the evening!

In the kiddie pool!

Not so sure about it the second time around :)

After only a few minutes, Addy was over the kiddie pool, and on to their fun play area!

Peaking at someone in the fam and full of squeels!


Uncle Eddie catching miss Addalyn
Addy and Brandon also went down the big slides a few times and I took her in the pool with her floatie also.  All the pictures from the slides were blurry.  I think she sort've liked it and it sort've scared her at the same time!  
Hanging out Pool Side

Snack Break


Papa Lowell and Blake
I get so mad at myself when I come home and look at pictures and realize I hardly got any pictures of anyone.  I wish I had some of Addy with everyone (like her Papa and such).  Addalyn absolutely LOVED her time with Papa, auntie Tammy, uncle Eddie, Brandon, & Alesha.  She would go up and down the hallways of the hotel with them and really didn't want to sit still in our room.  Which was fine - she was entertained! 

I think we should meet in GB again sometime - it was a nice time and not TOO lengthy of a drive! 

Can't wait to see everyone again in May when we head to MI for Brandon's graduation.  Holy craziness....we have a nephew that is GRADUATING?  Say what??!!!!!!

No comments: