This post is a bit late, because Mr. Blake was actually 5 months a few weeks ago. Buuuut, holy cow has life been busy. Of course it is crazy busy on a daily basis with 2 little ones...but we've also been gone on the weekends and such, so not a lot of time to sit and relax and blog (or time to clean for that matter. WoW!).
Life is good with this little man. He is a very content baby these days!! He looks at you with such serious eyes that MELT.MY.HEART. (pretty sure I've mentioned that a few times on this blog!).
We have officially transitioned him into the nursery with Addy. They do pretty well. Addy is such a "mother hen" to him, always reporting to us when he is crying, smiling, rolled over, talking, needing a paci, etc....so for a while any noise he made would wake Addy up. And, in the morning he usually woke her up earlier than normal. I think she is starting to get used to him being there and willing to stay asleep if he wakes up earlier than her. On the other hand, it takes a lot for Addy to wake up Blake. He is sleeping before we put her to bed, and she'll talk, sing, etc and it typically won't wake him, THANK GOODNESS :)
Blake LOVES his cereal too. We are ready to move to other foods I think. He fusses every single time we are done with it, like 'GIVE ME MORE PLEASE!' I just am waiting for the 6 month mark I guess, not sure why though. He starts each morning with a bottle around 6:30 a.m., then again at 10, 2 & 7. He has cereal in between that around 8, 11, and 5. He is growing and it shows. He is starting to transition out of his 3-6 month clothes. I'm excited to see his stats at his 6 month check up.
I can't figure out who he looks like. Most days I see my side of the family in him...especially our nephew Drew when he was this age (minus the fact that Drew has brown eyes, some pics you could not even tell the difference!). But then I will glance at him and totally see Aaron. I think he has more "Tarara" than Addy did at this age though...
In the picture below, it was the first night that Aaron and I discovered him on his tummy. He was sleeping later than normal in the morning when we were getting ready for work. Aaron went to check on him and came to me saying "come look at your son". Not only was he on his tummy, but on the OTHER end of the crib from where he started. He is quite the wiggler in his sleep!
| Officially no more swaddling after this...the animal blanket that he has his head on, was the blanket he was swaddled in for bed. Silly man! |
| Blake Aaron - 5 months! |
No comments:
Post a Comment