Thursday, March 31, 2011

Now THAT'S a Shiner

Our poor little Addy got in to it with the toilet...and the toilet won.  Her and I were getting ready to brush her teeth and do her hair Saturday morning.  I was putting her step stool by the counter and I turned around just in time to witness her trip on the rug and fall right on the base of the toilet with the corner of her right eye.

As soon as I could get a look at her eye (after the tears had calmed) it was already purple and pretty swollen...so I knew it was going to be bad.  But O--M--G!  It got more purple through the day, even worse Sunday, and was like a PLUM color on Monday morning. 

My heart breaks when I look at her poor little eye.  The first time she looked at herself in the mirror with her eye bruised she giggled and just kept looking and laughing!!  Silly little sweetie pie!


Sunday night...about a day and 1/2 after the fall
 
Tuesday morning...it went all the way around her eye and finally started to clear in color in the upper eye.
 
Thursday night...starting to clear and get a bit yellow...(please excuse the messy yogurt face!)
 So, she's going to have quite the eye for a while.  The thing is, it looks SO much better - but it obviously still shocks people that see her for the first time.  That's always a fun :)  I totally wish it was my eye instead...makes me want to cuddle and love her (and, she MAY have gotten a few more Dora fruit snacks than normal since last Saturday!)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh man, Mar! I'm glad she is doing okay and is healing up. It's not at all funny, but those pictures cracked me up! That's quite the shiner for such an adorable little girl!!

Brooke said...

Aww, poor little girl. But even with the shiner, she still looks as cute as ever.