Monday, May 2, 2011

6 months

I cannot believe 1/2 a year has come and gone since our Blake was born.  Craziness how quickly time goes.  April was extremely busy for us, but I managed to capture some cute photos of Mr. Blake

Our "AWESOME" 6 month little boy!
Not many new developments this month since my last post about Blake being 5 months old.  He will sit up for short periods of time all by himself (the most is probably 30 seconds) - getting closer.  He still loves his tummy time and wants to go places...so he rolls EVERYWHERE! 

When he is on his tummy, his legs are already trying to push and get him places, but he hasn't figured out how to get his upper half to go yet...so he sometimes scoots forward with his head buried into the carpet.  Silly guy!  As soon as he figures out his arms, he's off.  But, that could still take sometime.  Addalyn was a somewhat late crawler...she was nearing 10 months before she crawled, so I'm not expecting anything soon!


We started him on veggies right around 6 months and have now gone through all of those and moving on to fruits.  He loves food...not sure what else I can say but that!  None of the new flavors really phased him, he just opened his mouth as if to say "keep them coming"!  I give him a sippy of water sometimes with his "meal" -- he sort've seems to get the concept but basically just chews on the cup unless I hold it up, then he takes drinks from it.  I feel like he's so little to get that concept, but then I remember this is when we introduced sippy's to Addy to.  Seriously he's growing up so fast.



My first veggy -- peas!

He Likes It!
 
My blue-eyed boy :)
Here are his 6 month stats:

Length - 26.4 inches (50%)
Weight - 17.6 pounds (54%)
Head - 17.4 inches (64%)

I looked back and Addy was 17.3 pounds at 6 months...so basically even.  The nurse had told me he was over 18 pounds so I was thinking he was more than Addy, but now just doing the conversions I see he was a little under.  Addy was like 75% at that weight...everyone makes comments on how "solid" Blake looks - but apparently he's pretty average for a boy his age.  He's definitely got some kissable little cheeks thought.  OMG!


Look at that face...how can you not just want to give it kisses??!!
 He's my little lover - pretty sure he's my mama's boy.  The other night I was over setting up for a garage sale after the kids went to bed - I came home and Aaron had Blake in our room 'cause he had woken up and was crying.  Apparently he had been crying for about 40 minutes (which he never does now that he's not a newborn...usually sleeps through the night).  I picked him up, took him out to the living room, had him settled within a few minutes - and back in his bed sleeping.  Aaron was talking to him in the morning about apparently just wanting his mama. 

It's nice to be wanted/needed :)

6 Months and Counting!

No comments: