Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cheese Festival

Pine Island's town festival was in early June.  We always go to the parade with my family.  This year it was Blake's first parade!  ...not long into the parade and he fell asleep.  My mom held him the entire time with her hands on his ears to cover from the loud noises of the sirens and bands!



Addy was pretty tired at the beginning of the parade...so she wasn't sure what to think.  She did NOT like the loud noises at first.  But, after a while Aaron had taught her to yell "I want Candy!" and she was excited to pick up the candy.  By the end, she was loving it!  She went through about 7 suckers during the parade...but that is because she would open one - taste the flavor for seriously maybe 2 licks, and then be done with it and move on to the next one.  So, she probably didn't even eat one entire sucker!!

Look at that pout...not into the loud Fire Trucks!

CANDY!


After the parade we went to my moms for naps and supper...and then headed down for the rides.  I am in LOVE with this picture of Blake and Brynne :)


Addy was finally old enough but I wasn't sure if she was going to like it or not.  She LOVED the rides!  Her first ride was a fish that went in circles, and at first she had a hesitent look on her face, but all of a sudden a smile cracked and then she couldn't wipe it off :)

Her favorite were the kiddy version of the swing right - GRIN FROM EAR TO EAR!  She also went on the Ferris Wheel with Aaron, which he said that she wasn't so sure of until he showed her they were "with the birdies" which she thought was neat.  She was doing so well on the rides we also let her go on the Hustler with me.  This is similar to the Scrambler ride that I remember from when I was little...except we were in a circle that held about 8 people (we went with my sisters and their girls!) and it also spinned while we were getting tossed around.  I was nervous because of her car sickness.  She had a serious look on her face...but seemed to like it :) 



Swings are SUUUUPER FUN!


The last ride we put her on was a little horse/buggy thing that went in circles.  She actually seemed pretty bored with it (I mean, she had upgraded to the Hustler and all...!).  But, the worker was extremely nice.  It was the last night of the festival and Addy was the only one on the ride, so when it was over, he asked if we wanted to put Blake in there for a picture.  He legally couldn't move it with Blake being so little...but I wouldn't have wanted him too anyway. 

Blake smiled instantly when we set him down...although the picture doesn't exactly capture the moment!


Another fun Cheese Festival weekend came and went.  Gotta love small town festivals and fun family times :)

No comments: