Tuesday, June 7, 2011

May Recap

Before I move on to all of the exciting things that have already come in June, I wanted to recap on a few things I planned on blogging about in May.  So, I'll attempt to do lots of pictures, little talking to get through it all :)  (I am long winded like my mom, so no promises!)

We started out the month of May with a sick little girl.  She came down with Hand Foot Mouth disease.  If you haven't heard of it, it is a viral infection that causes high fever and you can develop sores in your mouth and on your hands/feet.  Addy had a high temp and 4 days in she said "mouth owie" and when I asked her to open her mouth I saw a ton of sores (like little canker-sores all over) on her tongue.  She was miserable for about a week straight.  Lethargic, crying, not eating/drinking anything...not fun.  I remember having this when I was little (but older than Addy) and I was out of school for 2 weeks!

Luckily Blake didn't come down with it (it is highly contagious).  Apparently it is like the Chicken Pox in the sense that once you have it, you have immunity to it.  So since I had it when I was little, the doctor said that Blake likely still had some of my immunity in him being so little. THANK THE LORD!

Cuddling with Daddy

Sad, Tired and feeling "icky"

This is the expression we had for a week straight.  Poor babe.  I will say though, this mama was EATING UP the cuddles that came with "the icky's"
 She bounced back - thank goodness.  Blake was a sweetheart and beyond while she was sick.  He was not needy, just sort've "chilled" a lot by himself in his bouncy seat and was very content.  I felt bad because she required a lot of attention - so he still went to daycare everyday so he could get some attention too!  He's such a sweetheart!

My Cute Messy Food-faced Boy!

I feel better!
Later in the month Aaron had a birthday (he's now 34)!  We gave him an early birthday/father's day present and sent him for a guys weekend in the Dells!  When we are in MI - we typically spend time with family, so I arranged a surprise weekend away for him to spend time with his friends.  And, I'm SO GLAD I DID!  He honestly had not seen some of them since our wedding - and had not hung out with some of them since his bachelor party almost 4 years ago.  Everyone deserves some time away every once in a while :)


Happy Birthday!

Singing Happy Birthday to daddy :)  (I didn't have a #4 candle at home but I thought I did so we made due with him just blowing out the 3 - LOL!)

I'm just adding this picture of the two of them playing in Blake's crib because I like it and love the little ducky's they are playing with.  My mom made these ducks out of a yellow bath robe my grandma Supalla used to wear.  She has given one to each great grandchild that has been born since my grandmother passed.  I have these ducky's sleep with my kiddos...I like to think it is my grandma keeping an eye on them!  So, they are always tucked into their crib bumpers.  They love to play with them though so every once in a while I let them. 
 We completed the month by heading to Michigan over Memorial Weekend.  Our nephew Brandon graduated from high school this year and his open house was that weekend. 

I was super awesome and forgot my camera that weekend, but Tina took some good photos of the kiddos!  I had tons to choose from...but I limited it, I swear!
Alesha, Addy & Holly playing @ the park


Ugh, can't get it to switch directions - Blake looking at the kite flying!

Watching the kite!


Holly Sue loves her cousin "Baby Blake"  --- I heart this photo!
And, I stole these phots from Tammy's facebook page!  Tammy, please email them to me so I can print them off - they don't print good when I try and do it from facebook :)  THANKS AND LOVE YOU!

Cousin Photo after church!


Family Photo complete with both Aaron's mom, dad and grandma Barb!
We have been very busy people these past few months...believe it or not it is actually starting to slow down now that summer is here.  We have a few things on our schedules each weekend, but we aren't out of town until July so it helps a little with feeling like we can get other things done around the house.  Posts on that exciting stuff soon also!

No comments: