Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Nine Months

Lots happened for Blake between months 8 & 9.  He MASTERED crawling and he is all over the place now.  The kid has no fear and a gate had to go up instantly.  We didnt' have to worry about anything with Addy.  Blake gets all over the place.  He makes me so nervous sometimes...I'm going to be a wreck as he gets older, LOL!

He has no fear in the bathtub so I constantly think he's going to slip and fall and get a mouth full of water.  He stands up on everything and is starting to walk around things too. 

Blaker L-O-V-E-S his food!  Seriously, if you put it in front of him, he'll eat it.  He's still not ready to eat everything...but he sure does try.  He gets mad when you are eating and not sharing :)

Speaking of getting mad - the kid has somewhat of a temper!  He seriously has a "roar" that he does, it is too funny!  When Addy is annoying him he'll sort've go "grrrrr" and get mad.  I need to record it, because trying to explain it doesn't do it justice! 

We went through a phase this month where all he wanted was to be held and loved and when you put him down, he was extremely sad and mad.  It was a little bit of that "separation anxiety" and a mixture of just plain wanting to be held.  He's gotten SO MUCH BETTER...it was a hard few weeks because at the end of the work day, he'd be sad and not want us doing anything but hold him (he'd even get upset being put in his high chair to EAT)...that stage is tough!

He doesn't really say any words yet.  He's said ma ma sometimes but I haven't officially noticed that it is toward me.  I noticed him saying "Ba" recently when I was getting his bottle, not sure if that was a coincidence.  He does clap now and puts his arms up for "SOOO big!". 

The best thing about my sweet boy...he's a cuddler.  He'll snuggle right into your shoulder...and now that he's over the separation anxiety thing, he does it to pretty much anyone that picks him up.  It is so sweet...and I hope he's always my little cuddler :) 

People comment all the time on how big he is and heavy he is...but he's average which totally surprised me when we went to his 9 month check up.  I expected him to be in the upper percentiles.

Here are his stats:
Weight - 20.2 pounds (41%)
Length - 28.1 inches (42%)


My Sweet Boy!  (he has 2 teeth right now)


Messy Eater...he is soooo messy when he eats!  He only gets things like this (ravioli's) on bath night!

Standing Up...he's gotten brave and let go a few times too...I think he'll be walking before Addy did, she was 14 months

Crazy boy in the bath!
 
The phase we went through for a while...my sad boy.  I don't know if this picture is very nice of me to take...but look at him.  It was so hard to not just give in to those sad sad eyes :)
 
Hey Guys!  I wanna come out too!
 
Daddy loves to style my hair!!!  So cute and makes me look like a big boy!


No comments: