We went to Michigan for a long weekend a few weeks back. It was a really wonderful trip. We took off Thursday, Friday, and Monday...so we were able to be there for 5 days. Honestly, this is the longest we have been there since 2006 when Aaron proposed to me in Michigan. It was SO good to be there for that long and not feel rushed to see and do all that we hoped to do!
 |
| The trip started with this "melt mommy's heart" moment in the car when I looked back to peek on my kiddos. They were holding hands! Oh my, I love them! |
The day we got there Aaron got to spend some one-on-one with his dad and the guys golfing both that evening and the next morning. Me and the kiddos were lucky to get some quality time with Tina and her kids while they were golfing! We headed to Marquette to see the newest Anderson addition Jozie (Aaron's cousin's little one) along with her big brother Quincy and Vanessa. Of course, I didn't get my camera out -- but it was so good to see them and see Vanessa's adorable house!
As always Ness - I wish we could visit longer :)
Addy reached a milestone that night when she slept with Alesha -- this is the first time since she was born that she slept with one of her cousin's and not her mommy/daddy when she has been at any of our cabins/camps, etc. As I said good night to her, I was a little choked up thinking "my baby is so not a
baby anymore". Seriously, I get it now when people tell me they grow up fast.
 |
| Addy and Alesha getting ready for bed! Side note - Addy's not the best bed-mate. I had shared a bed with her the night before and she was ALL OVER THE PLACE and I was sleeping on a tiny edge of a queen size bed. When Aaron checked on them in the morning...poor Alesha appeared to be on one tiny part of the bed while Addy took up the rest of it. Sorry Lesh!!!!! |
The next morning we went out to camp for the day - which is where we slept for the rest of the weekend. We spent the day hanging out by the water and playing with cousins!
 |
| Auntie Tina helping Addy...she was funny because she was trying to get her legs all the way out of the water when she walked 'cause it was cold to her! |
Over the weekend we did a ton of fun things. Blake took his first Sauna (and I promised my husband that I would teach my children the "correct" way to say Sauna (Sow-na) instead of the "wrong Minnesota" way (Saw-na)).
 |
| I wish he was looking here...but it was the best full-body sauna shot that didn't "expose" him :) |
 |
| Splashing and Goofing in the Sauna! |
Aaron's cousin Tyler is a serious bicyclist - will likely be pro next year if I understand things correctly. He raced in the "Ore to Shore" 48-mile race while we were there. It was a very special race because it runs right through his home-town and he is the only local biker that was racing with the elite group.
It was so exciting to watch and very fun to see everyone cheering for Tyler. He took 11th overall and really did awesome! We really enjoyed watching him race - and Addy LOVED it. Now when she sees bikers she yells out to them "Go Go Go!". So cute...
After the race we said hi to Tyler and he was a little muddy from the trails. For a few days after the race Addy would randomly talk about him and say "Tyler bike fast...Tyler dirty...Tyler need a bath!"
 |
| Waiting for the bikers at the first check-point that we made it to! |
Side note - I've added Tyler's racing blog to my blog list "Culver's Racing..."-- check it out!!!!!
The rest of the weekend was basically spent out at camp. I got to go jet-skiing, we went paddle-boating, took a boat ride, swam - and Addy & I taught her daddy and auntie Tammy how to make a sand castle. Can you believe these peeps had NEVER made a sand castle??!!!
 |
| Auntie Tammy & Addy "racing" |
 |
| Once she discovered the sand...she was pretty much planted here digging in it for the rest of the day! |
 |
| Right after this picture, Blake decided the sand on the bottom would be a tasty treat...so he lost his priveleges of sitting by himself in the water! Floaty's and mommy's arm were his only swimming options :) |
And...two of my favorite pictures of the weekend....I always look through my photos when I get home and wish I had more "family" pictures. I always wish I had more pictures of the kids with Papa Lowell, and also their cousins.
I was so excited to see that Tammy had gotten this great one of Addy and her grandpa!!!
 |
| Can there be a more precious picture???? Seriously????!! |
Lowell - she sure does love you! She was so excited to see Grandpa Lowell and when we got home, she kept asking to go to "Grandpa Lowell's House" for a few days. XOXOXO!!!
 |
| The View from the kitchen of camp...seriously, the most peaceful view I have ever seen. Makes all the stresses just fade away when you sit there, stare at that, and slowly take some sips of coffee!!!! |
It was such a wonderful trip! It was great to see Addy grow up a bit from the last trip to this one. She was less of a little one that needed their mommy/daddy and became a little girl that enjoyed spending some quality time with her aunts, uncles, cousins, and of course, Papa Lowell.
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment