Addy loves loves loves to help with things - ESPECIALLY baking/cooking.
| Helping mommy make some cookies |
| And of course...testing out the finished product! |
Addalyn is still obsessed with Dora - every morning she wants to watch it before we leave for Julie's, and every night, and pretty much all the time. She doesn't always get to watch it --- but she asks for it a lot. Most of the time, she focuses in for a bit, and then plays, then goes back to it so it never really concerns me too much. Other things she's interested in on a regular basis is coloring, reading books, playing in her kitchen, playing with babies, and doing puzzles.
She knows her colors, shapes, several songs, and can count past 10. She seriously amazes me on a daily basis with the things that she says and does. She has tons of words in her vocab. It is so fun to have a conversation with her!
There are definitely days when Addy's "terrible two" age shines through! She is dramatic - and I tease she gets it from her daddy...but I have to admit she gets it from me. According to my fam, I knew how to throw a good tantrum back in the day :)! Don't all 2/3 year olds??? I don't have a major example of things that she has done...just normal things, however Aaron can tell you a good story about her tantrum in the grocery store when they were getting ice cream for Blake's b-day party (she didn't want to put the ice cream on the counter to pay). Aaron had to carry her out kicking and screaming. Not her best moment...and she knew it when she got the firm daddy scolding in the car. Apparently it was a very quiet ride home - and followed by a time-out when she arrived home. I hope she learned the lesson!
One thing that I have cherished about Addalyn since she was a baby was how cuddly she is after a bath. You wrap her in that towel and she will cuddle into your shoulder for a super long time. I seriously LOVE the after-bath Addy cuddles...I hope she keeps that up for a long time.
Also - Addy's a really good big sister. She LOVES her brother! She is always concerned if he isn't around, she will talk to him in a "baby voice", likes to share with him, plays with him/giggles with him, gets super excited when he does new things ("Mommy - Blaker's standing up!")...and wants to hold him a lot. For the most part he enjoys her constant "love" on him. Sometimes he gets frustrated, but that is seriously once in a very rare blue moon.
She also wants to tell him everything, which I think is so cute! She'll say things like "Blaker, I don't feel good" or "I'm getting my hair done" or "Look at my pretty dress, Blaker"...always makes me smile! I visualize her a few years down the road as a teen and try to imagine if she'd even want to show her brother or talk to her brother about those things...and if she did -- what her "bro" will respond with. :)
| Addy holding her brother! |
| Bath time sibling kisses! |
![]() |
| (A sneak peak of one of our fall family photos we had done...more to come with those pictures!) |

No comments:
Post a Comment