When I was on vacation around New Year's, we went and watched my dad play hockey one day. He is on what they call an "Old Timer's League"...the crazy guy is over 60 and still plays twice a week. Hey, when you love the game, I guess you stick with it!
Growing up, my family attended church on Saturday nights, because Sundays were when dad would play hockey. I spent many Sunday mornings wandering through the rec center in Rochester. Being there watching my dad was very entertaining, and brought back some good memories! My sisters and I used to walk up and down the bleachers trying to find enough change to get us a snack from the vending machine...sometimes we'd be successful enough to pool together 30 cents for a hot chocolate. Ha, living the high life I guess!
![]() |
| My dad...#1 (literally, he's the one in red, LOL)! Right after I took this pic, he scored a goal. Not gonna lie, I was so proud :) |
![]() |
| So cute...peering through the glass at the rink below :) |
![]() |
| Addy and Grandpa Tim |
This video is of Addy cheering for grandpa...
Funny side story - so about a week after we went to watch dad play, he actually took a puck to the mouth. He actually had to go the ER and have 2 of his teeth put back into place and had to wear braces to hold the teeth there while they heeled (kinda makes you nausious, huh??!!). He also was unable to eat anything solid for almost 2 weeks!
My mom had emailed me and said "his lip was an inch thick!!". I called my dad the next day to see how he was and I asked him if he was going to take a week off of the game. His response: "Oh no, I'll skate on Tuesday!" (this was Friday) --- yeah, he loves the game of hockey.




No comments:
Post a Comment