Friday, February 3, 2012

Tarara Christmas 2011

As always, my mom and dad had our family Christmas celebration mid-December.  Our day started out a bit crazy, Addy had been sick all week with a horrible fever, cold, and cough...and had a bad night so her and I had gone to the doctors first thing in the morning -- they had done x-rays to check her lungs for pneumonia and such and thank God she was fine!

...we didn't think Addy would be going to Christmas so I hadn't even brought anything for Addy to change into or anything.  We had a plan of meeting at my parents house so that Aaron would go home with Addy and I would stay with Blake...that way Aaron would be able to be there for a bit.  When Addy and I go there my family convinced me it was fine to keep Addy there so we could all enjoy Christmas.

I am very happy they did!!  I was concerned in Addy getting her little cousins sick, but luckily no one got the nasty cold and cough!

Cousin Pic 2011!  Drew (3), Brooklynn (5 - 6 in January), Ella (6), Blake (13 months), Brynne (7), Hunter (2 - 3 in January), Addy (2).  As you can see, all the kids are in their Christmas outfits accept for Addy...she was in comfy "I don't feel good" clothes!
Blake discovered this Reindeer Headband of my mom's and loved it!!  It was pretty cute!


I love this pic of Blaker and Brynne!  Seriously, she's getting way too big...
I didn't get a lot of pictures of the kids opening presents.  My mom got this one of Addy with a new Cabbage Patch doll - "Amiya" (who she calls Miya). 


She also got a cabbage patch doll in Michigan and she loves them both so much. I was excited for both of them too, because I LOVED LOVED LOVED my Cabbage Patch dolls when I was little and played with them all of the time. I still remember their names (Monica Suzette and Trista Lorielle in case you were wondering!).

She plays with them lots: puts them to bed, takes them to the park, feeds them...scolds them for not "staying in bed", etc. Love it!


Something that my parents gave to each "family" this Christmas was thebook "The Night Before Christmas" recorded so they are telling the story. This picture below is when Addalyn opened the Anderson's copy and we are listening to them read. It's pretty cool...I love it :)


Blaker was taking a nap through some of the present opening, but we managed to get a family photo when he woke up :)


Blaker got the hang of opening his presents over Christmas.  I was pretty impressed because he had no clue what to do at his birthday just 2 months earlier!


 Blake was in love with his aunt Shannon that day...I got a few cute ones of him giving her kisses and hugs, but this is one of my favs :)


Grandma Bonnie & Blaker

Grandpa Tim & Blake (dad caught mid-sentence!)

No comments: