Blake is getting WAY TOO BIG! He is definitely a toddler these days vs. my baby. Makes me sad when I think about that. Sometimes I will just sit and watch him play, walk & run around, say words, etc/ and I can't believe he is already as big as he is. Why does it go so fast? Ugh!
| Blake saying "Cheeeeeeeeeese"! |
It might be safe to say if he keeps up the good cuddles, he'll probably melt the hearts of ladies when he is older just like he melts his mama's heart and some of the ladies as a 1 year old. :)
Blake loves loves loves his bath time. If you mention bath, he drops what he's doing and goes straight to the bathroom. He could play in there for hours if you let him.....
....which is good - when you are a messy eater like this:
| After-bath cuddles. Pretty sure that is this mama's favorite type of cuddles. Both of my kiddos are good at after-bath cuddles! |
| Just playing "nuh-night" together in Addy's bed (Addy likes to put band-aids in random places!) |
It's another close favorite time of mine with him, other than the after-bath cuddles, to be awake with just Blake in the morning. He is again, very cuddly and happy. We usually play some games together and he giggles with me and likes to sit in my lap and relax. When I am awake with enough time to just relax with him for a bit - I take advantage of it. Most days it ends up making me rushed at the end of our morning before heading out the door - but oh well!
| Just relaxing watching some morning Disney shows :) |
![]() |
| Fell asleep with a sucker in his mouth...on a 5 minute drive from the store where he got it from and home :) |
| Did I mention he likes to copy EVERYTHING his big sis did???! Yep, that includes dress-up! |
Mr Blake at 18 months is just as fun as my 'almost; 3 year old girl. I seriously love every stage of life for these kiddos. I love watching him try to say more words, be more confident in his steps and more independent. Although, showing independence definitely has its down side! He shows off his temper at times (I might be able to blame that one on Aaron :) Not that I don't have a temper - trust me - I do! --- but if I'm contributing Addy's drama to me, I'll give Aaron Blake's temper :)
He is definitely learning to test his limits, and has found himself in time-outs. Which, he sometimes thinks is funny. STINKER.
He is starting to say lots of words: mama, daddy, Addy, puppy, drink (which he says 'mik' meaning milk but he says it for any beverage), eat, love you "wuvu", bath, nuh-night, bye, hi, yeah, book, Bear (for his favorite monkey, LOL!), shoes, socks, and many many more words. He also repeats a lot of phrases, where the majority of it just babble but you can pick out the phrase from his tone and the last word. For example, he says "I love you to the moon and back" but it comes out "babble babble babble back"!
He sleeps through the night, going to bed around 8 and usually waking around 6-6:30. He always sleeps with him monkey-man and a sippy. Right at the beginning of 2012 we got rid of his pacifier, around 15 months. We did it a little later than we did with Addy - that was because of the holidays and traveling for December. We waited until we were home again. It took about one night of tears, another night of wimpers, and he was golden!
Blake has almost all his teeth - I think the only ones missing on both top and bottom are his 'fang' teeth and 2-year molars.
He loves to read books, play with some trucks, Little-People, dolls, and things that make noise :) He really enjoys being outside -- favorite thing to do out there is run after bubbles.
He has a few nicknames: Blakers, Blaker-boy, Lover-boy, Mr. Man, Little Man, and Blakester -- most of them mine. Blakers is one that was developed at daycare and pretty much the only thing his daycare friends and Julie call him!
| He's such a handsome man...! |

1 comment:
finally an update about my pumpkin head and lil blake. i love you guys very much. love auntie tammy
Post a Comment