Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Easter!



 

Easter was a very fun event this year.  Addalyn is at a very fun age to enjoy the holidays!  Everything gets her starry-eyed!

We started the day off going to church - we didn't do the Easter Bunny thing until the end of the day.  Addalyn was very excited to get on her "beautiful dress".  They both looked so cute in their "Sunday Best"!  Cute story about church on Easter.  Addalyn was listening to the sermon, and when our priest mentioned Jesus, Addy goes "Where's Jesus???  I want to see him!!" 

After church, we drove to Minneapolis to celebrate Easter with Aaron's mom's family.  We had lunch and an egg hunt and just hung out.  Aaron's stepsisters Renee & Andrea were there, and our niece Alesha and her boyfriend Blake were visiting from Michigan :)  We were very excited to get to see them.

Aaron's stepsister's (Andrea's) kiddos with Addy & Blake - Oliver, Serafina, and Mira


Alesha!

Blake & Blake - Addy calls him "Big Blake"!!!  :)
I insisted on getting our picture taken because we never have one with just us anymore!
While we were gone in Minneapolis - we had a little visitor.  The Easter Bunny had come.  For the record, the Easter Bunny that visited our house is NOT the same one that visited my house when I grew up.  He must have traveled with Aaron from Michigan, because he gives very nice gifts that align with what Aaron got from the Easter Bunny when he was little :)

The Easter Bunny had eggs ALL over our house and they led the kids to our office/toy room where the found this:

Addalyn was so excited when she saw eggs in the entry-way, I swear she was about to hyper-ventilate!  (Like I said in my recent post on her these days: dramatic!)


Whoo Hooo!!!  Side note: I'm pretty sure that the outfit Blake is wearing right here: cargo khakis with a plaid button down shirt is probably the exact same outfit (or dang close) to what Aaron wore on our first date...and well most dates that we went on when we were dating :)  Aaron actually has this EXACT same printed button-down shirt.  I didn't know it when I bought it for Blake though!
We celebrated Easter with my family the following weekend.  We had lunch together, an egg hunt, flew kites, and just spent the day together.
Getting Ready for the Egg Hunt: Drew, Hunter, Ella, Addy, Brookie, Brynne & Blake
All the girls trying to help Blake pick up some eggs :)
One of my favorite pictures of Addy!  She looks so big!
Handsome Blaker-boy

No comments: