Saturday, June 9, 2012

Home...

"A house is built with walls and beams...a home is built with love and dreams."

This quote is hitting 'home' lately (ha, no punn intended!).  We sold our house at 3191 Lakeridge Dr in Rochester on May 31st and are temporarily not owning or renting a place to live.  About 90% of our stuff is in storage, as we are living with my mom and dad.  We will be building.

So our home...well, it is where WE are right now as a family, regardless of the house we live under.  (Obviously my parent's place is home to me, but it isn't our home --- the Anderson's home). 

I'd be lying if I said it was easy to leave.  I was SOOO emotional about leaving our house!  I love the location...but for our future goals - we were ready to take the next step.  When I finished all of the cleaning and the house was empty, I walked around and glanced at all of the rooms, and got pretty emotional.  This house was boutght when we were engaged...Aaron turned 30 there right before our wedding, we had our gift opening there, took our first 2 babies from the hospital to THAT home, I just turned 30 there within the last year, ETC!  It had been good to us in the 5 years plus that we were there...that's for sure!


Man I love my babies's room!








So, to say that life has been busy lately - is an understatement. We have been going and going (and going and going and going) for more than 4 weeks straight. We had weeks of moving/packing, cleaning, traveling, then more moving/packing. Throw in there a retirement party (my mom...more blogging to come) and a golden birthday party (Addy's!) -- both of them to plan and organize for - and I seriously thought I was going to lose it for a bit! Not to mention the craziness with work these days....

Stressed??? -- nope, not me! (sarcasm)

ANYWAY - we are done. Settled for now. And ready to take the summer as it comes! Aaron's been working crazy hours (for example he worked today from 5:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m...and it's Saturday, and way more than a normal 40 hour week had already been put in before today). So, we have little planned with Aaron working weekends.   Which is a bummer, and not so bad, all at the same time.  I'm looking forward to not having to rush on the road when work gets done on Friday...and maybe taking in more pool days, walks, runs, parks, just around here. 

So, another month of little blogging is behind us...and here's to hoping June is a little less stressful than May, 2012!  This mama is ready to sit and just breathe for a bit (oh yeah...and blog!)!

My Favorite Thing About May: these 2 peeps! (and Aaron!)
This picture above was taken on Mother's day.  We were packing, and I peeked outside to check on the kiddos and they were sitting next to each other so cute and close...made me smile!  They were sitting way over by our neighbor's swingset on our wooden retaining wall in the corner of our lot...it was a cute little sight to look at out that window on Mother's day!


....Here's to our love and dreams, and new adventures to come our way!

1 comment:

Amy T. said...

Aidan has that same outfit that Blake has on in the picture!!! :)
Hope you had a good time at the PI fest with the kids. Let me know if you ever venture to Stewartville for a pool day with the kids.