Saturday, June 30, 2012

Golden!

It was Addy's Golden Birthday this year...3 on the 3rd :)  We had her party on her actual birthday since it was a Sunday --- princess themed!  For like a week leading up to her birthday, she would ask every day if it was her birthday yet...but then the day of, she was pretty low key because she was sick.  She had thrown up on the way home the night before, which is nothing new for her (think carsickness) so we hadn't thought much of it.  But she did it once more on her birthday and was just pretty tired/low key and continued on through the following day also.  Even with being sick, we managed to get some good smiles from her after some coaxing --- but she was pretty off and on all day.
This look was one we saw most of the day unfortunately...
I AM THREE!!!
(but she definitely had some smiles too)
To be honest, I probably was more crushed than her - I hated seeing her like that on her birthday knowing how excited she had been!  And, I like to plan the kiddos' parties and get detailed with the entire planning and wanting it to be perfect...For example I had stayed up until 2 in the morning finishing off her cake.  Turned out pretty cute!!


We had my sisters and their families over for lunch as well as Aaron's mom and Paul, and then they brought Mira and Serafina with also (Aaron's step-sister's daughters).  Of course my mom and dad were there as well, since we live at their house right now :)

Have you ever seen kids sitting so nice while another kid opens presents???  It was a first for this family!!


Addy got lots of wonderful gifts - lots of princess themed things.  Beach towel, books, puzzles, crafts, etc.  Also her first Barbie - one that goes in the bath (is actually a mermaid), her own sweeping set (above in the pic), etc. 

Right after presents, she climbed up into her daddy's lab and got pretty sleepy - then somehow him and I switched and within 10 minutes, she was out. 


Sooo - we took a "party break" while the birthday girl slept.  Poor kids kept asking when they could have cake and ice cream.  Luckily they had a big yard to play in and all of the kids got along really well.  About every 10 minutes one of them would ask for cake and ice cream, but we didnt' have any meltdowns!!
Poor Birthday Girl!
When she woke, Addy didn't want any cake or ice cream at all (in fact, she never had a bite of cake even when she felt better)...but she absolutely LOVES the Birthday Song, so we were able to convince her to let everyone sing that to her so that we could finally dig into the cake.


*********

I can't believe my baby girl is already 3 years old.  I have a love/hate thing with birthdays - I really don't want my kiddos to grow up.  But, I do love seeing how they learn and develop into little people.  Addy at 3 is a lot of different things.  I've had a few people say that 3 was harder than 2 for them, and there are definitely days where that is true around here.  At 2, they are testing their limits, but able to be convinced to do what you want them to.  At 3, they know what they should do and purposely challenge it. 

Miss Addy likes to change her mind lots...Miss Contrary.  She also just likes to do the opposite of what you ask.  You tell her to wear sandles, she wants to wear boots (fur boots in the summer...quite the fashion diva).  Ask her to take a bath, she insists on a shower.  Definitely argues to argue somedays. 

But, she's also the most loving little girl ever.  Her little bro is still her most favorite person I would say.  The love she shows for him will never get old for me to observe.  When we are outside, she makes sure he isn't too far behind us. 

She also says the sweetest things.  Out of nowhere she told me the other day, "I love you mom...always always".  Melted my heart! 

This week, she was soooo excited because daddy had bought us more ketchup, with tones of excited, she told me that he was the "Best dad ever" -- because of buying ketchup (which he hadn't even bought, but I let him get the credit)!  Too funny/cute!

Right now Addy still loves Dora - but she's also very much into princesses - especially Cinderella.  She loves to play lots of different things; sing and dance; she absolutely LOVES helping people cook/bake...she's actually a big help all around - water plants/get the mail/clean up a bit...

She's definitely a lot of things - but she's a whole lot of LOVE!  Addy's my big blue-eyed, wavy-haired blondy.  A good mix of Anderson and Tarara (in attitude and looks, LOL).

We sure do love this Princess!
A goofy pic of her...but the best one out of 3 attempts!

No comments: