This 4th of July, since it was a Wednesday we did not travel anywhere, because we both had to work before and after it. It was very HOT, so we tried to make the most of it!
We called the Scheel's to see if they wanted to meet us at an indoor pool after naps. There is a hotel in town that you can pay to swim at. It is a very nice set up, it has a kiddy pool that was only to Blake's thighs - with a mini slide and such. And in the main pool, there is a bigger water slide.
We decided to go to the indoor pool to avoid the heat -- and mainly the sun. It was actually really warm and muggy in there - so HOT, but we didn't have to worry about sunscreen and I can guarantee it wasn't as packed as the pools outside!
Just like each time this summer, Blake wanted nothing to do with playing in the water at first. He was VERY VERY sad and clinging to me for a while. I finally just sat down with him in the kiddy pool - and he slowly got brave.
| I might be standing by myself, but I'm not so sure about this... |
| Going down the slide was fun - but I'm TOTALLY not going to show that I'm enjoying myself...not for at least the first half of our swimming adventure :) |
| Loving this one of Addy & Ella - getting way too big! |
| The dads typically give in to these little ladies and ended up with them in the bigger pool! |
After that we headed to the Scheels' house for a mid-week grill out. I would say it was a nice 4th. Relaxing, not stressful, and a good break up of the week. We sure did miss being at our cabin/camps. We are usually at one or the other for this holiday (cabin in WI with the Tarara side; camp in MI with the Anderson side).
...gotta love summer days when you can!
No comments:
Post a Comment