Thursday, September 6, 2012

Daddy's Day 2012

With Aaron only having Sundays off, we decided to go out and do something for Father's day this year and spend some family time together.  We went to Oxbow park for the morning - which is a free park about 15 minutes away that also has a zoo in it.  The animals there all have some injury so they are not able to go back into the wild - so they are taken care of here.  It is a free zoo, run by donations --- so very impressive considering :) 
 
There were bears, wolves, eagles, porcupines, some farm animals, buffalo, other birds and animals you'd find in MN...
 
 After the zoo we had lunch and then headed back home for naps...I think Aaron even snuck one in that day!  It was a nice morning.  I have taken the kids back to the zoo on a Saturday while Aaron worked.  If you are in the area --- I'd recommend it.  Quiet enough and not busy, so having little ones there on my own was not at all stressful!
 
Addy, Blake, and Daddy  --- humoring me with a picture on Father's day!


 


Addy took one look at this red fox and said "Swiper no swiping, Swiper no swiping!!!" Gotta love Dora


Giggling at the Turkey...she thought he was pretty funny.  The "Tom" turkey was being all protective, making noises and sticking his chest out!



Waving at the animals :)


 

A little late but I still want to wish a Happy Father's day to Aaron, and of course all of the special dad's in our lives ---- you all know who you are. I am extremely lucky to have had great men placed in my life - and so are Addalyn and Blake.

A dad is.. someone who
wants to catch you before you fall
but instead picks you up,
brushes you off,
and lets you try again.

A dad is... someone who
wants to keep you from making mistakes
but instead lets you find your own way,
even though his heart breaks in silence
when you get hurt.

A dad is... someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail.

-Unknown

Aaron ~ you are a WONDERFUL father! It is so awesome to watch you interact with our kids. I see the love that you have for them just by the way you look at them sometimes. Miss Addy Jane & Blaker Boy have been blessed by God choosing you for them. They definitely love you to the moon and back, and so do I! xoxox ~Ris
 

No comments: