Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cabin Pics, summer of 2012

As usual, the summer goes way too fast and I always feel like I didn't get to take in the hot weather as much as I would have hoped to.  However, considering Aaron's schedule and such, we managed to have a few short weekends at the cabin that were full of wonderful memories!!! 
 
I made it up there by myself with the kids once in June, Aaron got to have one weekend off in July that we went as a family, and then he got Labor day weekend off too.  Lots of good times...SEVERAL pictures - I tried to select some from each trip that showed what the days of summer on Lake Big McKenzie consist of!
 
 
Bathin' Beauty

All the cousins (minus Blake) about to jump off!


Swimming time of course!

FISHING!

Caught a "big" one

Blaker's caught one too!

And mom!  I LOVED fishing growing up so I decided to take in on the festivities.  The sunnies were just jumping at the bait off the dock so as soon as you would cast, your bobber would go under.  It was fun!

Fishing with Grandpa

In June/July at the cabin, Blake wanted nothing to do with the water unless he was being held...he's "sad/scared" here!

CLINGING! to mom....no hands and he's holding on tight!

Not this girl!  She was loving the water...she would pretend the noodle was a horse and jump around like this.  Once, she got caught with the bouancy of the noodle and fell forward in the water.  Aaron jumped in to get her, and when she got picked up, she giggled!!!  She won't go under yet on purpose though!

Local Cutie on Duty!

So mad at mom (crying) for putting him in the water!!!



Boat Rides!

Watching everyone swim in the water (I'm in the water here taking the pic).  We always take the pontoon out into the deep waters to dive off and such.  We have a slide that goes off of it for the kids, Addy loved it summer of 2011, but didnt' want to do it this year. 

S'Mores of Course!


Sparklers

Even Blake got to do some!

Fireworks too....Addy thought they were loud :)



Fun times and giggles with dad!
This pic is out of place...but this is after he calmed down from crying earlier in the day!  Brooklynn and Addy were playing "train" with him!  Side note --- everyone says Addy and Brookie could be sisters, I'd say yes!


Grandpa relaxing with a few of his grandkids :)

Boat Driving!

Labor Day ---- who said I didn't like the water??!!!!  This time, we couldn't keep him out of it, he would walk around and splash :)

Playing in the sand ==== D - I - R- T - Y kiddos!  You can't really see, but she has sand stuck to her from head to toe!

Played a little tee-ball (check out his tongue...concentrating)
 
 
It's fun to be me...and well, it's fun to be dirty!

Dirty boy, way past bedtime....but we stay up late at teh cabin too!

And the very last day of summer festivities (Labor Day), Addy tried tubing!  My dad hooked us up behind his fishing boat, so we were just trolling along....she liked it.  Maybe next year we can go faster!!

No comments: