Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Don't Forget the Dads!

"Any man can be a Father, it takes a special person to be a Dad" ~Author Unknown

More often than not, this blog is about how I'm doing with the pregnancy, and the updates on our baby...but there's one special person in our family that doesn't get mentioned quite as often on here ---- Aaron. :)

I know I am biased, considering he's my husband - but he's so excited to be a daddy, and it is absolutely adorable! He has been so supportive through the pregnancy - and I know he's going to be a great dad!! When we first found out we were pregnant, Aaron was the one that went online and signed him & myself up for weekly emails that tell us about the growth/development of our baby and also what to expect being pregnant.

He's always asking questions & making sure that I'm doing okay - which is nothing too new, he's always been very attentive, but it's different now - its me & his child that he's being attentive too, it's very obvious that his mindset is about his growing family!

He's been working SOOOO hard on the basement and trying to get things ready for our new arrival - literally every single night that we are home and every weekend, he's downstairs. He's definitely getting pretty tired of all the work. I wish I could help him more, but I can only do so much! I know he wants to relax, but he keeps pushing through in order to get things done to a certain point before this little one decides to arrive.

The other day I showed him all of the items I got from the shower we had in Michigan - one item that I had registered for was one I knew Aaron wanted, which was a carrier for the baby. I knew he was going to be pretty excited about getting a carrier. Last night he took it out of the package and asked me to help him put it on. I didn't pay too much attention to it because I was busy working on something, but about an hour later, I realized he was just sitting on the couch, watching T.V. w/ the carrier on. Getting his practice I guess! I thought it was too cute that he was just sitting there, so I made him let me take his picture (it took a lot of begging, but finally he gave in). Anyway - here he is "practicing" being a daddy :)

"Why do you have to take my picture? What's the big deal?"

Anyway - I just thought I'd write about Aaron tonight instead of talking about much else. He's so excited for Little Poppy to arrive!! Love ya Aaron :)
.
P.S. - he now thinks we are having a girl, he was pretty sure it was a boy at first, but not anymore. He's actually pretty good at predicting these things, so we'll see!!
.
*********************************************
.
When a child is born, a father is born. A mother is born, too of course, but at least for her it's a gradual process. Body and soul, she has nine months to get used to what's happening. She becomes what's happening. But for even the best-prepared father, it happens all at once. On the other side of a plate-glass window, a nurse is holding up something roughly the size of a loaf of bread for him to see for the first time. ~Frederick Buechner

2 comments:

White said...

I love this post!! Aaron is such a great husband, he is always so thoughtful and loves you so much - he is going to be a great Dad!! I am so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to see the carrier in use in person!!

Becky said...

I love the pic....so funny. He should have had a stuffed animal or something in there. Let Aaron know that all of his hard work in the basement will pay off. It was so good to see you guys a couple of weeks ago. Take care.