Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our Trip to Michigan!

Every March Aaron & I travel to Michigan to visit his family. It's one out of three times in a year that we are guaranteed to make it to the U.P. (the other times are Christmas & 4th of July). We always go skiing while we are there this time of year...obviously this year I was not able to ski, but Aaron & the fam still got to go! I hung out with our niece Holly in the chalet for most of the day, but even Holly got her turn on some skis on the bunny hill!!

There is sooo much snow up there compared to here in Southern Minnesota! It's crazy :) I'm glad though, because everyone seemed to really enjoy skiing - as usual. Can't wait 'til I can get back on the slopes next year...and in a few years we'll get to teach Little Poppy how to ski! Soooo many fun times to look forward to with our baby :)


Aaron & I on the "slopes"

.
Tina & Anthony :) He did such an awesome job skiing!
.

The family - missing our nephew Brandon though! Holly, Anthony, Lowell, Alesha, Tina, Joel, Me, Jeffrey, Aaron, Ed & Tammy

***********************************************************

While we were in Michigan I also had my first baby shower! Aaron's sisters Tammy & Tina planned/hosted the shower. They did such a great job planning everything. Thanks TAmmy & Tina - I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Thanks also to Aaron's Auntie Di for having the shower at her house and making some of the food, to Jean/Paul (Aaron's mom/step-dad) for making the mastacolli's, Aaron's Auntie Sue & Auntie Vikki who also brought food. I'm sorry if there were others that brought food that I'm not thanking - please know that I'm thanking you even if you didnt' get mentioned :)

They did such an awesome job planning the shower - Tina & Tammy had the theme go along with the theme of Lil Poppy's nursery. Teals & browns...& stars :) LOVE IT! Aaron was laughing at me because when he drove me to his aunt's house & I saw the pink/blue balloons outside, I got a little teary-eyed! I'm such a sap!


The cake @ the shower :)

Aaron's mom & me @ the shower


Holly was my little helper w/ the presents!
.
"Daddy Rocks" onesie
.
Aaron's cousin's wife Amy found this awesome poem that she framed for me. I'll end by sharing that:
.
These Last Few Hours
*****************
It is important to me that I spend part of the next few hours here alone with you in the darkness. You and I will never be this close again. By morning you will be a tiny person all your own, no longer the kicking, demanding bulge in my body that I have grown to love so well. I pray God will safely guide you on your journey tonight.
Again you signal your impatience to be free. Time to wake your daddy.
----Dee Dee Mc Coll

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad you had a good time in the Yoop. My mom said your shower went great. Sorry I couldn't make it. Have you went back through all your gifts yet? I love all the little baby stuff. It's crazy to think about how much stuff a little one needs. That's a cute poem that Amy gave you.
Tomorrow marks 30 weeks for us, yeah!

White said...

Your trip to MI looks and sounds like it was fun-filled and exciting! The cake from the shower looks delicious! I love the pics you posted and what a sweet poem, that is a great gift - you are lucky to have married into such a great family! Looking forward to talking to you on Friday!

White said...

I got the shower invitaion in the mail this weekend - I wish I could be there! I will be thinking of you though! It was great talking with you - can't wait to chat again! Miss you.