Sunday, January 17, 2010

7 months (going on 8!)

Well, this post is a bit late...since Addalyn turned 7 months on the 3rd. But - it's been a busy 2010 so far! Addalyn is at a very fun stage, where she is starting to interact with us a lot more and "communicate" with us. She DEFINITELY lets us know if she is not happy (she can get quite a high pitched scream going on!) but also is full of smiles 95% of the time & telling us lots of stories!

She is not crawling yet. We do tummy time and she pushes both her legs & her arms up, just not at the same time. I don't think it is too far off, but it won't be happening tomorrow! She is a great eater - no new food seems to phase her. We haven't tried anything more than baby food yet. I've read a few places that when she is crawling, that is a good indicator of being ready to try other foods (like cheerios, cheese, "big kid food") - so, we'll just wait and see!

We got Addalyn's ears pierced a few weeks ago. I knew I wanted to do it sometime when she was younger. And we had talked to a few people that said the younger the better, if you really want to do it that young, because that way they don't know to pull on their ears and such, so they won't touch them a lot while they are healing. She did really good! She cried REALLY hard for about 2 minutes (but seemed like an hour in mom & dad's minds at the time)...and then she just cuddled up on my shoulder and fell asleep. Which, of course I was LOVING the cuddle time that I got to have, so it wasn't so bad!!

She's been a little stinker about morning naps ever since we've been back from Michigan. She's pretty much decided that all she needs is a 40 minute morning nap. Only ONCE since we've been back has she slept for about 2 1/2 hours in the morning...otherwise an hour is the most. She is doing good afternoon naps, so I can't complain too much. Although, she's definitely ready for bed by 7:30 without that nap...and sometimes we have to give her a little cat nap in the evening to even have her make it to that. I'd LOVE to have her sleep for longer during the day, but what can you do??!!!

She will hold her own bottle when she wants to, and we've been working on sippy cups too. She knows what to do with both...but she can't get the concept to lean her head back to get the fluid out. She usually holds the cup/bottle and then leans her head down to her hands & starts sucking, instead of lifting her hands up to her mouth.

She is getting so big! The other day when I was peaking on her before I went to bed, and it just hit me how much more of the crib she fills up than she did 6/7 months ago. It's funny because I was thinking that - and Aaron said the same thing to me this week. I remember thinking I couldn't imagine her getting any bigger when she was a newborn. Now, I can't imagine her being so small (and when I look at pictures, I get sad and sometimes teary-eyed because they really do grow up soooo fast!...and this is only 7 months, what am I going to do when it is 7 years, then 17 years????!!!!)
.
Of course, the bear photo!

My pretty earrings :)
.
Mama is sooo funny when she plays 'peak-a-boo' with me in my high chair! Daddy captured some good smiles!


After bath cuddles with daddy (dad didn't let mom take a picture of him since he had just woken up!)
.
Seriously - something about kids in baths with their wet hair and such...too cute! As you can see, we are big on lots of bubbles in the bath!

Just watching some Baby Einstein and holding the remote...I must be my daddy's daughter :)

Soooo sleepy when we are trying to put PJs on at about 7:15 one night...had to roll over and cuddle up on the blanket instead of letting mom finish changing me...

I may not take good naps anymore, but I love falling asleep in the evenings at about 6 or so for a little cat nap! (Oh yeah, and that little bear/blankie I have is a MUST to sleep with...can't go anywhere without it!)


Every once in a while I like to hold my own bottle :)

2 comments:

White said...

Interesting about the crawling and eating - seems to make sense I guess. You two are such great parents and Addy is so cute, I love hearing about her and what's going on with you guys! Looking forward to hearing about Addy crawling!

Brooke said...

Don't worry about being late with the post, I still haven't done Sadie's 7 month post yet either. Addy's pictures are all so cute. Her little earings look adorable! Oh and I wouldn't rush the whole crawling thing, believe me its a whole new world for them when they crawl. They get into everything so enjoy this easy stage ;)