2009 was a year full of mixed emotions. Obviously, we were so excited for the year and what it was going to bring. The first half was filled with planning for and anticipating the arrival of 'Little Poppy'. Now we know that 'Little Poppy' is a beautiful little girl and I can't imagine life without her. What did we ever do?? She has brought so many smiles, joy, and love into our lives. It's funny how your life keeps changing and with every new adventure, you find a new way to love. Not only our new daughter, but to love each other. It's fun to see Aaron as a 'daddy', and it makes me love him on an entirely new level.
July was one of the roughest months I've had...probably ever. When Shannon got diagnosed with colon cancer, it felt like I was living in a dream for about 2-3 weeks. My entire family would probably say something like that. It just didn't seem real, it still doesn't. Words really can't describe it. But, one thing I know - it puts life into perspective.
Shannon is doing really well - this week will be her 9th round of chemo, she'll be done after 3 more rounds. The weeks of chemo are tough, but she is getting lots of help. She is such a strong woman. Of course she is my big sister, so I already knew that about her and looked up to her. But, now more than ever, I look up to her and I am amazed with her strength and positive attitude!
I guess regardless of what major event we went through in 2009, whether it was having a child or dealing with a family health issue, it made me realize to find joy and peace in the simple things in life, and to love & live life to its fullest.
So long & farewell to 2009!
This New Year's Eve we had friends over at our house. My friends from college and their husbands came over. I have some WONDERFUL college friends --- luckily we married some great guys that also enjoy each other's company, so it is enjoyable to have us all together!
Depending on how long you've been following my blog, you might remember my good friend Amy and her husband Adam (the White's) - they live in Amsterdam right now, they moved there last January. They were home for the holidays, so they came to visit us & to meet Addalyn for the first time!
Jill and Tim (Faber) were here from Fond du Lac and of course Rachel, Jeff, and Ella (Scheel)joined us as well! It was a great night filled with some girl talk (of course!), and great company to ring in the New Year and the new decade.
July was one of the roughest months I've had...probably ever. When Shannon got diagnosed with colon cancer, it felt like I was living in a dream for about 2-3 weeks. My entire family would probably say something like that. It just didn't seem real, it still doesn't. Words really can't describe it. But, one thing I know - it puts life into perspective.
Shannon is doing really well - this week will be her 9th round of chemo, she'll be done after 3 more rounds. The weeks of chemo are tough, but she is getting lots of help. She is such a strong woman. Of course she is my big sister, so I already knew that about her and looked up to her. But, now more than ever, I look up to her and I am amazed with her strength and positive attitude!
I guess regardless of what major event we went through in 2009, whether it was having a child or dealing with a family health issue, it made me realize to find joy and peace in the simple things in life, and to love & live life to its fullest.
So long & farewell to 2009!
This New Year's Eve we had friends over at our house. My friends from college and their husbands came over. I have some WONDERFUL college friends --- luckily we married some great guys that also enjoy each other's company, so it is enjoyable to have us all together!
Depending on how long you've been following my blog, you might remember my good friend Amy and her husband Adam (the White's) - they live in Amsterdam right now, they moved there last January. They were home for the holidays, so they came to visit us & to meet Addalyn for the first time!
Jill and Tim (Faber) were here from Fond du Lac and of course Rachel, Jeff, and Ella (Scheel)joined us as well! It was a great night filled with some girl talk (of course!), and great company to ring in the New Year and the new decade.
.
Addalyn & Ella are having some fun before bed time (they didn't make it 'til midnight, go figure! Don't worry, I didn't even consider trying!)
My Stout Ladies! Rachel, Jill, me & Amy
Our hubbies - Tim, Jeff, Aaron & Adam
We met each other 5 years ago on NYE!
Amy & I
***Happy 2010 to Everyone - and Happy New Decade!!!***
Sadly, Amy & Adam had to go back to Amsterdam. We got to see them one more time this past weekend. The Scheel's, Aaron & I met them out for dinner along with another girlfriend from college, Katy. Her little boy was home sick, so unfortunately Katy's husband couldn't make it to dinner.
.
One thing I love about the holidays is catching up with family & friends. I wish we could see everyone everyday, but of course, that is unrealistic. I guess in the mean time, we can't take for granted the moments that we have had & the times we get to spend together.
.
Amy & Adam White - miss you guys already!
Stout Girls Again, this time Katy is there & Jill couldn't join us (she lives 4 hours away...sad)
The group - Ella even joined us on our dinner! Addalyn spent the evening with my mom & dad. Thanks mom & dad for watching Addy!!
"Don't Count Every Hour in the Day, Make Every Hour in the Day Count"
2 comments:
I love the new look of the blog - I was going to ask you how you change that, but forgot...I can't believe Addy is over 1/2 year old already and I am so glad I finally got to meet her!! She is sooo adorable! Adam and I had such a good time with you guys - can't wait unti we live closer again, so until then we have to make sure to talk often! Love and miss you...
ps - I stole some of these pics for my blog - hope you don't mind ;)
Post a Comment