Sunday, January 31, 2010

Christmas

I didn't realize it's been basically a few weeks since I last posted. I have been SUPER busy! I've been studying on evenings and weekends for my PHR exam (Professional Human Resources) - I had my exam on Tuesday and the tentative results say I passed! I will get the official results within 2-3 weeks, but I am very excited with the news! I did not feel very confident about the exam...so I was shocked...seriously. But, none the less, I am now "Marissa J. Anderson, PHR" - looks pretty good! For the record - I am sooo happy to be done studying and don't know how people are mommy's, work, AND go to school! I made it work because I knew it was temporary, I would not have the motivation for much longer. Props to all those mommy's (and daddy's) that have done or do that :)

I feel less stressed now to have that behind me, and I am now able to get to some blogging! Aaron's mom always has Christmas in January - which is great so we can make it to all Christmas's and not miss out on anything! This year was extra special, because it was the first year that all 7 of her kids (children and step children) had made it since Aaron and I have been together - and this was my 6th Christmas with his fam.

The only other time that I've been around his siblings & step-siblings at the same time was our wedding - and of course I was a little busy that day so I didn't really realize it was happening!

During the day we went to the Mall of America with Jean (Aaron's mom), his sister's Tammy & Tina and their kids/hubbies...then we had family pictures taken at Aaron's step-sis's house, then dinner & presents at Jean & Paul's. It was a great day :)

I didn't get as many 'candid' pictures as I would have liked with everyone around, I must have been a bit distracted. But, here are a few, and also the family photos!
.


That's my boy! Anthony is not only a MN Vikings fan, but a MN Wild fan too! I'm happy he's my nephew (and my Godson, yep, I'll claim this cutie!). He got a new Wild hat for Christmas, and it has his name embroidered on the side!
.

Me & Tina
.


Go Vikings! As you know, I'm a Viking's fan (a blog about THAT GAME later!) - well, Aaron's step-sis is a Packer's fan and her hubby is a Viking's fan, so they have a 'divided house' like Aaron & I. Aaron's mom Jean crochets and knits...and she surprised us with these hats (sad I know, but I'm not sure if this hat was knitted or crocheted!). The blanket is something that Jean made for Andrea and Jamie. My mom actually made Addy the same blanket, and that is where Jean got the idea - Packers on one side, Vikings on the other!!!
.
Go Packers!

Grandma Jean made Alesha a Hemitites Hat!

Addy was very content listening to Uncle Joel sing to her :) She was fighting sleep here...but content!

Family Photo

Cousins! Front Row: Holly, Addalyn, Anthony, Serafina, Mira; Back Row: Jeffrey, Brandon, Alesha -- there are 2 more cousins on the way. Serafina & Mira are getting a baby brother in May (A's step-sister Andrea is pregnant) & also Aaron's step-bro Scott is expecting a boy in May as well!)

Kisses! Mira & Addy

I love this pic of Aaron w/ his sisters

The Bertucci/Anderson Fam! Front Row: Mom/Jean, Tina, Andrea, Dad/Paul; Back Row: Neil, Tammy, Aaron, Renee, Scott

The whole fam!

I have pictures also of the individual families, but my computer is taking a bit to upload tonight!

2 comments:

White said...

A big congrats on the PHR! I'm sure it was hard work, but well worth it! Love the family pics - very cute! That's great of Aaron's mom to have Christmas in Jan so you guys can go to all of them!

Brooke said...

Congrats on the new title! I can't even imagine adding studying into my busy daily life right now. I am sure you are very relieved. I love all the family pics too. That's great that Auntie Jean does Christmas in Jan. so everyone can be there, looks like you all had fun!