Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eight is Great!

Not much new here for our little eight month old. She is still not interested in crawling. She has lots of tummy time, which she doesn't really like for the first few seconds, but you can usually distract her with a toy and then she'll be on her tummy for a bit. She has rocked back & forth on her hands and knees, and sometimes moves one leg forward when she's trying to reach for a toy, but is just not interested in putting much more of an effort forth. I'm thinking one day she's just going to start crawling, and be all over the place within an hour or something!
.
We started introducing more foods to her - I mentioned in my 7 month post I was waiting for her to crawl. But, she was showing other signs that she was ready (she'd be mad when others were eating and she wasn't; doing REALLY well with her foods; and just seemed bored with her menu). So far she's eaten bananas, cooked carrots, cheese, puffs (cereal), yogurt for babies, and a sugar cookie :) Oh, and she LOVES biter biscuits (see picture below!)
.
Addalyn is very vocal - she loves to 'talk' and says the sounds da, ga, ma, ba. I think there is more, but that is what I can recall her saying off the top of my head. She is also vocal when she disapproves - or if she sees her food/bottle but you are not getting it to her fast enough - MY GOODNESS! But, she doesn't disapprove of much (other than the lack of quickness w/ food!).

She is so fun - and it is amazing to see her learn new things every day. Which reminds me - she pretty much has the 'hi/bye' waving down, and she just started clapping. We are working on "So Big" (when you lift your arms over your head)...I think she might be confused though - sometimes daddy is saying "Touchdown" with the same movements...I don't think she knows what to do!!

Yeah, the poor bear got tackled this time!!

Nice try mom, I'm not going to do the crawling thing quite yet!!

Seriously - Biter Biscuits are DELICIOUS! They make me S-M-I-L-E!
.

My shirt says it all... :)

No comments: