Weight - 19.6 lbs (64%)
Height - 28.3 inches (73%)
Head - 17.8 inches (82%)
Our little girl is 9 months...crazy! For some reason, that seems old to me, like you may as well round it to 1 year. But, I'm not quite ready to start referring to her age in years (although I HAVE started to think about ideas for her b-day, and I have the cutest theme in mind!!)!!
Little miss Addalyn still isn't interested in crawling, however, she has made huge progress in this area and Jessica (daycare) and Aaron think it is a matter of days/weeks. I am not getting my hopes up...because she also just learned that she can roll to wherever she wants to be. The little stinker.
I will be honest and say that I have been VERY nervous about the fact she isn't crawling. Aaron tells me that I shouldn't worry - and my response is, I'm the mom - I'm SUPPOSED to worry! (right??!!) I sorta expected it by this age, so I was worried that there might be something wrong. But after talking to several people and doing my own research, I have learned that there is no need for concern. I do know that some kids never crawl -- but I have also heard that is not very good for eye coordination, so I hope she does crawl for a little bit, even if it is like a week!
She is starting to pull herself up on furniture, and she loves to stand! She's definitely starting to figure things out...the other day she was awake from her nap but happy, so I just waited a bit. When I went in there, she had figured out how to sit up on her own, which she hasn't done since she doesn't crawl --- and she had a toy in her hand that is usually on the opposite end of her crib. The interesting thing was she was in the center of the crib, not near the edge.
Addy still only has her 2 bottom teeth. She does REALLY well with eating with just those 2 teeth. We discovered this weekend that she LOVES blueberry waffles!! :) She pretty much enjoys anything you put in front of her (EXCEPT the jarred stage 2 meets...that are ground up). She gags at those and looks at you like "really, you want me to eat THAT??". I don't blame her...they don't look or smell very appealing!
.
She is very vocal, as I mentioned at 8 months. Says da, ga, ba, ma sounds and mumbles lots more. She has the cutest little wave goodbye, and the tiniest little giggle. I have no idea how to explain it -- but it is definitely her daddy's giggle. I've tried to get it on video, but everytime that thing comes around she stops doing ANYTHING exciting and just stares at the camera with amazement...so a lot of our videos are of her staring at us as we sound really silly trying to get her to do her fun new things!!
My new cheesy grin I do for mommy when the camera is around...and my 2 bottom teeth!
I love playing on daddy's shoulders!
Addy LOVES mirrors!
She has small feet so far -- still fits in a size 2, although she's getting close to moving to a 3.
4 comments:
I just can't say enough how cute Addy is! Sounds like she will start crawling soon and hopefully you can capture a video of her giggle to post! Love the shoes, following in Mommy's footsteps already ;)
Don't worry about the crawling. Neither of my boys crawled until after they were 9 months and they both walked by 11 so you never know. I think it's a personality piece too. She is darling. Enjoy the 9th month- it is one of my favorites!
Yeah, I agree with Abby. Don't worry at all about the crawling. Every baby learns things at different times. One of these days she'll catch on and then watch out cause you'll have your hands full. Her shoe collection is cute, she has such little feet. Sadie wears 3.5 or 4's. One of these days I'll get around to doing Sadie's 9 month post. Take care!
hello my baby doll. you are getting so big. I really love all your pictures. I am so excited to see you next month. I love you Auntie Tammy
Post a Comment