Thursday, March 4, 2010

Winter Wonderland :)

We took advantage of the nice snowy weather a few times this winter. Our niece Brooklynn and nephew Hunter had a combined birthday party at the end of January at my mom and dad's house. You guys saw the ice skating rink they have in an earlier blog post - but they also have a good hill to sled on, and lots of snowmobiles, so it was the perfect place to have such an event!

Aaron was working on our basement during the day, but Addy and I spent some time outside. We used a sleigh that my mom has...and it is REALLY old (an awesome antique)! Over 100 years probably - my grandpa said that he can remember his mom pushing his brother in the sleigh when he was a child...and I'm not sure if that was the first generation of my family that used the sleigh. It's pretty cool!

I bundled Addy up and pushed her around in that for a bit...
.

The antique sleigh :)

Then we had my dad pull us in the cutter behind the snowmobile. She was not happy at first, but then Addy settled in and just enjoyed the ride!
.
A few weekends ago we also went to my parents cabin. My parents are finishing the basement of the cabin - with all the grandkids coming along, we have outgrown comfortable sleeping arrangements! So, we all went there and helped them stain the basement walls and trim...and then enjoyed some R&R. I have some other pics from the cabin that might get in another post - but here is Addy enjoying the winter wonderland we live in again!
.
Mommy and Addy in the cutter (I had Aaron get off of the sled to take this picture so you could get an idea of what it was...)

Going on the lake!! See her little smile? She was enjoying herself!
.
Daddy and Addy outside after the snowmobile ride!

1 comment:

White said...

Looks like you had so much fun! The antique sled is great and I love the pic of you and Addy - adorable.