On Monday we had our 'major' ultrasound where we could've found out the sex of the baby, but we stood strong and did not find out!
The ultrasound went great - the baby was SQUIRMING around through the entire thing, but of course I couldn't feel it at all. I can't wait until I start feeling this baby kick me! I have felt a little movement, but not consistent yet, so I'm excited for that stage of the pregnancy to start. Once again the placenta is in the front (attached near my tummy) so my doctor says (and I agree) that it cushions the movement a little bit. :)
After the ultrasound was complete, the tech said that the baby was measuring about a week ahead of my due date. I asked if I'd get my date changed, and she responded (as well as the resident in my room) with a SUPER QUICK no. Well, okay then!
......but good old Dr. Marnach read the results in my appointment that followed and right away asked if I wanted to move my due date. Part of me was hesitant...only because I thought 10.20.10 was a pretty cool date. Not only because of the date when you look at it, but because it is my sister Shannon and her hubby's 10th anniversary, and also my aunt Nancy and one of my cousin's birthday -- so there are some pretty fun things in our family on 10.20 :)
But, I am super happy to have it moved because than if I DO go over, like I did with Addalyn, I'll be more likely to actually have the baby around my original due date, so that is good with me. I was sort of nervous that I'd be in the hospital for Addy's first Halloween where she'd be walking up to people and saying "trick or treat" and such - so I won't be missing out on that now!!
We walked out of the clinic, and Aaron said "It's like we just traveled through time a bit! Walked in at 18 weeks, walked out at 19 weeks" ---- so true!
Therefore, all of a sudden we are at 20 weeks today, and I am half way done. I find it ironic, I'm 20 weeks this time on 5/27, when a year ago on this very date, I was 40 weeks and PATIENTLY waiting to meet my first born. There is a bit of sentiment that comes over me when I think of that - I get a little teary-eyed when I realize in 1 week from today my baby will be ONE.
Here are pics from the u/s:

My personal fav -- side profile and the baby's foot up in the air!
This one is the bottom of the foot (and I think there is a little baby bum shot in this too...see it??!!!)
Side profile
Face shot - head on. These ones always look scary to me!On a side note - who is not LOVING this weather we've been having around here in MN? It has been awesome all week. 90's earlier in the week, and 80's right now. Yeah, maybe it is a little too hot and humid, but I'd take that any day over the cold days of winter. I'm loving it - and I love dressing Addy in all her fun summer clothes :)
Oh yeah, and I love the ice cream that seems soooo appropriate on hot days like this. Really, I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment