I thought I'd do a little update on our Addy. She has definitely been dealing with a lot of changes these past few months, and I am so proud of how she's dealt with them all!
We started a new daycare in September, about a month before Blake arrived. Addalyn had a few rough days at the beginning, which is to be expected since she was in an unfamiliar environment with no one she knew around...but she has transitioned really well. For example, this week when I drop her off, she has climbed up the stairs and turned the corner for the playroom before I even have a chance to say bye and get a kiss from her. At least I know she's happy! And, there are 2 girls that are only a few months older than Addy there, so she has playmates :)
She has inherited the nickname Chatty Addy at daycare - and it really does fit her well. She is quite the talker, always saying something new, and singing new songs. She has a wide range of vocabulary for 17 months, and picks up on things really quickly. The other day I sang to her the "Wheels on the Bus" song and, after I sang it once, she was chiming right in and now she sings her version of it all the time. I have a video that I will try and post sometime!
And then of course, there is Addy's new little brother that she has had to adjust to. For the most part, she's wonderful with the changes in her house - however, we do have our moments...particularly when it is just one parent (usually me) and the 2 of them. She sometimes doesn't want to share the attention and acts out. But, she is only 17 months old, so what can you expect. Sometimes you wonder if it is her age or the fact that she has a new little bro in her territory - and well it is probably both.
She absolutely LOVES her brother, askes where "baby" is all the time, says "hi" to him and always wants to touch him. We are still working on gentle touches...I think Blake will be a tough little guy rather quickly with Addy around! LOL
She has those moments where you are upset that she has acted out, or that she is in a "mood" where everything is 20 times more dramatic than it needs to be --- but then she looks at you with those BIG blue eyes of hers, gives you her smile or giggle, and talks to you with her innocent little voice - and you can't help but just turn to mush and want to pick her up and just smother her with kisses!
She's getting big way too quickly, and it makes me sad and fills me with pride and excitement of the new things she is learning all at the same time.
| People, when it comes to fashion, it is all about accessories - and I TOTALLY know how to accessorize! I mean, my 2 necklaces that I picked out go perfectly with my outfit...right? |
| At least someone is getting use out of the baby bouncer...even if it isn't Blake! He gets to use it when I'm sleeping or at Julie's :) |
| The face I make when my baby brother is crying! |
| How can you not smile when you see this cheesy grin??!! (oh yeah, and her hair is long enough to put up now, barely - but YEAH to that!) |
| Playing in the sink is sooo fun, and it is even more fun when I get to dig through mom's make up bag. |
No comments:
Post a Comment