Monday, November 8, 2010

Life at Home

We have been doing good here at home since Blake has been born.  He is starting to stay awake for longer periods of time...but don't get me wrong - this kid still LOVES to sleep :)  I've been able to capture a few pictures of him with his eyes open, which is always fun and different.  As much as I love love love looking at them and taking pictures of them when they sleep - I end up going through my camera and thinking "how many sleeping baby pics do I really need?" LOL! 

Blake has been doing pretty good at night - I'm a little nervous he's going to end up having his days and nights mixed up a bit when he does end up being awake even more, because he seems to take longer day naps than overnight at this point - but I still am not having to be up TOO much, so I guess I can't complain quite yet.

He typically takes a bottle around 10 or 11 at night - most nights Aaron is still awake so he gives him that bottle.  Then he's been feeding about every 4 hours, so I get up around 2 in the morning or so, and then at 6ish, which is also not long before Addy gets up and Aaron's alarm goes off, so I'd be up soon anyway.

However, he sometimes does wake up in between feedings at night -- those nights can get tiring.  It doesn't seem to take much to get him back to sleep, but it still makes it hard when you are sleeping for an hour or so at a time, up for some time, then back to bed! 

Like Addalyn, Blake is taking a pacifier, however he doesn't want it as often as Addy.  I'm thinking he might outgrow it sooner than she did...although having said that I might have just jinxed myself!

Below are pics of Blake Awake!




I love it when Blake is awake and I am holding him...the way he looks at me melts my heart :) 

When Blake is sleeping, he does look a LOT like Addy did when she was this little - however the shape of his face and eyes are completely different than Addy's and when he is awake, it is much more apparent!  I think he'll have my blue eyes...but just like with Addy, 95% of the people say that he is looks like his daddy.  I guess I should probably say 100%, because I haven't really been told he looks like me at all...

Apparently I make wonderful homes for my babies for 9 months...but those Anderson traits are just too dominant!  (although we are starting to see more of me in Addy as she grows... :)

Thanks to my friend Angie for this adorable hat for Blake!  The outfit he had on the day we opened our gift just happened to match it perfectly!


1 comment:

White said...

What a little cutie!