Monday, October 17, 2011

Slumber Party!

We started this little "swap" with my sister Shannon's family.  Once a month we choose a weekend to take each other's kids for either a night or something so that we can get things done around the house and/or go enjoy ourselves...whatever we want to do!
In September Shannon had Addy and Blake.  October was our turn to have the Kelley Kids! 
They came over (Brynne, Brooklynn and Drew) not far before bed on Friday and we had them all day Saturday.  Addy had her first slumber party in a sleeping bag that night!  We started out with some popcorn and a movie.  Addy had so much fun with her cousins...she wanted to do everything the "big kids" did.  We were going to have her sleep in her bed that night, but she said "I want to sleep with the big kids" - and so we thought we may as well give it a try.  Pretty soon she'll have to up-grade to sleeping with the rest of the kiddos at my parent's cabin, so having a sleepover at our house was a good trial run! 
Thankfully she has a pillow pet - because the 3 came with theirs so of course she wanted hers to sleep with too (which she hadn't been doing  before, but it is now part of the million other things she throws in her bed.  Most days, there is barely room for her little body in that bed!)
Ready for Bed!
It was too cute watching them get all lined up for bed.  Brought back some childhood memories.  We actually have 2 rooms that the kids could have slept in, but they all wanted to sleep this way!  (Brynne isn't in the picture, because she slept in the pink tent we have in our play area...which, for the record...next time it is Brooklynn's turn to sleep there!)
My big girl at her first slumber party! 

Sleeping Babe!
I couldn't help but take a picture of her when she was sleeping :)  She actually did really good.  She started crying at like 4 in the morning so we brought her upstairs...but she REALLY wanted to stay down.  We just didn't want her to keep the others awake so brought her up.  Which made her more sad at 4 in the morning, but we made it through!
I had gone and checked on them once, and had noticed Addy was basically on Drew's pillow, and his head was where his feet should be...I think that he woke up and went to get back to "normal" and grabbed his pillow which is what woke/scared Addy at 4 in the morning.  Because he said "I was just grabbing my pillow" when we came down to get her. 
"Aunt Marissa" with Drew, Blake, Brynne, Brookie and Addy
We went to the park the next day for a while (thank goodness it was nice - we would've gone a little stir crazy otherwise!).  All the kids got to run and let off some steam (and so did Aaron and I!).  Blake had fun in his swing - Addy loves parks.  Slides...Swings...etc.  She did the monkey bars for the first time at the park this time.  The others did a bunch of climbing and running around.
Aaron said "Tackle aunt Marissa" - I love Drew's big grin in this picture.  Blake is actually with me below Brynne and Brookie.  He handled the tackle like a true Tough Guy!!
We took a ton of fun pictures at the park...so many to choose from.  I wanted to share more - but decided to do just one of each of the kiddos having some fun!

 


Monkey Girl!!
 "When I grow up I want to be a little boy."
(or girl!)

No comments: