Jean and Paul just moved into a new home --- one that has a pool in the backyard. On one of Aaron's Sundays off during our extreme heat spell around the 4th we headed up there to see his mom and cool down by the pool. Of course, I didn't get a picture of Jean or Paul with the kids - bummer!
 |
| ...to Grandmother's house we go. Heading there in style! |
 |
My cool dude!
(side note: Michigan fam - do you have these glasses? I haven't been able to find them!) |
 |
| Posing by the pool --- I love this pic for some reason! Addy cracks me up. Putting her arms around her 'boys'. She definitely has quite the love for these guys in that sweet little heart of hers! |
Blakers was not really fond of swimming. He shocks me, because this kid LOVES his bath. But in the past, and for the first few times this summer, the water really scared him. Even when it was warm water, he would cry, even being held in the water. I finally got him settled and relaxed in this floaty on the day at Jean's. Throughout the summer it took some warming up to, but this last weekend, he was ALL ABOUT the water at the cabin!
 |
| Mama's Boy - I HEART him! |
Addalyn really enjoys swimming - and for the most part - she wants to be a big girl in the water, which can make me NERVOUS! By the end of the day on this particular day she told me
"Mom, you can let go of me." I couldn't though - because it wasn't shallow enough for her to be able to touch! Goof!
 |
| Learning to Doggy Paddle! |
This was one of the few days we made it to the pool this summer. I had high hopes of swimming more often to keep the kids exposed to the water. But, with Aaron's hours - on Sundays when he's been off, it's hard to cram in all that needs to be done and that we want to do. My kids aren't at the age that I could take them anywhere but a kiddy pool by myself since they both need to be watched and held depending on the depth.
We did go a hand full of times (more blogging on summer adventures to come!) but I wish they could've been exposed more consistently! I'm thinking of putting them in lessons (or Addy at least) this fall/winter in Rochester to keep swimming 'alive'!
Random summer cuteness:
 |
| Her hair is finally getting long (and curly) |
 |
| Just monitoring the local pool, making sure all stays under control :) |
1 comment:
sorry no batman glasses here.
Post a Comment