Tuesday, October 15, 2013

40 + .... AGAIN!

Well --- once again I am overdue!  I guess I figured it would happen, given my track record but I REALLY hoped I wouldn't be this time around.  I still am hoping to go in on my own sometime this week (tomorrow would be great!).  Totally out of my control so I will just hold tight!

I had an appointment yesterday and it was somewhat dissapointing.  I am only a little more than 1 cm. dilated.  GRR!  Mayo has always had a 10 day rule for being induced, but for Addy my doc scheduled the induction for 7 days, and I was to be induced for Blake on my 8th day over (but went in on my own the night before). 

My doc was going to schedule an induction for next Monday (8 days over), because we had discussed how I was hoping to avoid 10/22 which is next Tuesday since that is Blake's birthday...

However, when she called to get that on the books, the person taking the call wouldn't do it.  Apparently there is a new STATE law that won't let them schedule until 10 days over unless medically necessary, so I had to get on the books for 10/23.  Boo to that.  I just hope/pray that I go in on my own before!

In the meantime, I am done with work until the baby comes.  It was a hard decision since I was due on a Sunday.  I was due during the week with the other 2 so I worked through that Friday...but I really didn't want to be at work an entire other week, and it is easier to just be done with coverage and such with my job than to not know each day if I will be back or not.

So, I am home, spending some time with this crazy kid!


And this sweet girl that can't wait to be a big sister again!


Today the kids did go to daycare --- but they are done now until the baby comes.  I might send them the week after the baby comes (depending on when that is and how things are going) on Addy's school days to keep some consistency -- but it would only be for the one week.

While they were gone today I hand-mopped my floors, dusted the house (including the panel doors and base boards), cleaned our shower, and made a meal that I can freeze for later.  I officially don't know what else I could create on my to-do list!  I guess I have to figure out how to just relax...

But I have to admit I'm not very good at "just" relaxing!  Ask Aaron --- drives him crazy!  I hope that relaxing will help things along, since apparently keeping busy doesn't do me any good :) 

Me and my 3 babes...hopefully soon #3 will be on the outside with these 2 crazies! 40 weeks, 2 days pregnant for this mama!
Until next time...

...which I hope is an introduction to our 3rd little one!

No comments: