Oh man, where to begin with our Blaker Boy at 3?!!! I'm not even sure! He is such a mixture of things --- acting big yet still being my baby, loving to do things his sister wants to do - yet SUCH a boy, etc.
Outside he also loves to help Aaron on the tractor, play with rocks, and ride bike.
Blake often just follows Addy's lead. If Addy wants to play house, dance, whatever --- Blake is right there to be her side kick. He actually often wants to play these things on his own and asks Addy to join. He really doesn't have much boy influence in his life -- his daycare was all girls and he has his big sis. His cousins Drew and Hunter that are near us are just at that age where he can't quite keep up yet - but give him a year and he'll be right there with them. Those 2 are all boy - tractors, dirt, and hunting, so he'll have some boy influence before we know it!
That being said - I love that he is all about playing dolls, house, and "dance class". I think it is good for him to be his own person, whatever that ends up being! Plus, this kid can shake his booty like no other... (and says "Shake your booty" while he does his little dance) -- I'm glad he is a goof like that!
![]() |
| Yeah, he's wearing Addy's old dance shoes in this pic :) |
We've been talking about it, and he says that he is ready to give all of his diapers to Chase. We've also told him that he can do swimming lessons when he goes in the toilet all of the time...so we will see how it goes!
I was actually really luck with Addy, so I really don't know what I'm doing with potty training! Addy decided about a month before I was planning on training her that she was done with the diaper thing, so she just sort've taught herself.
Any tips --- feel free to send them my way. Especially boy training tips!
![]() |
![]() |
| Messy Faced Kid! |
I think this kid is going to keep me on my toes through the years, that is for sure!
![]() |
| Mad about something at the pumpkin patch...pictures of my kids mad make me smile...does that make me a weird mom?!!! |
| Group Hug! |
![]() |
| Cuddling with my babe |
I have also recently noticed that sometimes his 'm' is a 'b'. Like the other day when him and Addy were playing house, he was referring to Addy as "Barissa" when she was playing me (Marissa!).
I am debating starting him in the night time preschool class that they have here in town starting in January - just once/month for 3 and 4 year olds. We'll see - it might be hectic with me starting back at work then, but he would love it!
I can't wait to see what this next year brings for Blake --- being a big brother, school, new daycare, etc...so much change and all good!
![]() |
| I love him! |








No comments:
Post a Comment