Thursday, November 7, 2013

Halloween!

This year for Halloween Addy was Strawberry Shortcake and Blake was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (if you asked him, he was an "Inja Turtle")!
 
Addy was SOOOOO excited for the day - she did not want to put regular clothes on at all that day.  She went straight from jammies to her costume.  She also had school where they got to wear their costumes so she was to be in it by about 11:30 anyway...but it made for a long day!
 

 I had purchased a pink wig rather than coloring Addy's hair, but she said it itched within about 5 minutes of trying it on a few weeks prior, so I had bought the pink spray as a back-up.  It was a bit of the mess...but pretty fun!

During school she got to trick-or-treat to classrooms which she thought was pretty cool.

After school, my sisters' came to our house and we went around our neighborhood, then drove to another area of Pine Island...and ended up at my mom and dad's house. 

My turtle!

 Chase had a few 'costume changes' for the day...he spent the day with me of course so he wore his "Mommy's little Pumpkin" shirt...

 
 At night though, he hung out with daddy and helped hand out candy while I went out with Addy & Blake so I changed him into his "Batty for Daddy" shirt :)


The cousins heading to the first house!


Blake had the royal treatment, riding around in the stroller.  I don't typically bring one with for him anymore, but I'm glad I had one on Halloween night!


This next picture isn't clear at all, but I had to include it because I was very thankful for my sister Shannon and bro-in-law Chad...at one point they had both of my kids while their's ran ahead!
Shannon pushing Blake and Chad holding my tired Addy
Addy is always tired on preschool nights --- and this was definitely no exception!  I could tell when she got home from school that she was getting tired, but by the end of teh night, she was D-O-N-E!

She went from this at the beginning of trick-or-treating....
To this!!!!
That is when we decided it was time to be done making the house rounds.  She was cold and wanted to be done walking, so my sister dropped me and the kids off at my parents while the others continued to go around the town! 

Warm and inside at grandma's...MUCH better (and the fact that grandma had special treat bags definitely helped out!)
 We obviously had to do a bath before we could go to bed with that pink hair...turned the entire water and suds pink as you could imagine!  We had to drain it and refill it!!!
Pink Water!

Checking out their loot the next day....
CHEERS TO A SUCCESSFUL NIGHT OF TRICK-OR-TREATING!
....another successful Halloween in the books...!  Cheers to that :)

No comments: