Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Chase --- 1 month old!

I can't believe Chase is already 1 month old (6 weeks tomorrow actually).  It always goes so quickly.  This past month at home has flown by with all of the kids at home.  There have been some days that have been quite crazy -- but for the most part, it has gone really, really well! 

 
Chase is such a good baby. He really is quite relaxed in comparison to his big sis and bro around 6 weeks. He definitely shows a personality though, which makes me smile for the most part! He gets quite mad when you stop to burp him during a feeding...not happy that you are taking his food away from him. I was thinking as that happened today how it makes me smile now...and how in a few years when that personality is shown in other ways, I won't think it is quite as cute. None the less, I like to see him being a bit fiesty! 

Addy and Blake are still so much in love with him. I have to constantly remind them to be gentle around him and to stop leaning over him and such. However, I'd rather have it this way than having some kiddos being jealous or something of the sort. They really have been quite well.

The 2 of them also started going to daycare 3 days/week a few weeks back. I had to start them to reserve my spot for all of them - even though I wasn't ready to do so quite yet. However, I think it is good for all of us. They get more of a routine and I get to sit and cuddle with Chase a few days a week. I really don't feel like I get a lot of cuddle time on the days when I have all three. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it is just something I like to feel like I get since I will be back at work before we know it.


In the past few weeks I have managed to get some time with him with Chase's eyes open.  He is definitely starting to be more awake.  He has started to "talk" a bit and just in the past week, he's shared with us some smiles!

Here are some cute pics of this guy through the month:

He looks so diferent in these pics than in any of the other pics...it is amazing how quickly they change!





Addy put lots of her animals around Chase during one of his naps :)


You can't tell in any of his pictures - but Chase has a clogged tear duct in his right eye.  Which means it is constantly goopy and watery.  Especially after he wakes...sometimes he can barely open it.  Poor guy!  They say it should go away on it's own...we'll see! 

Bear Pic -- 1 month old!
I sure am loving this little man...and just as I imagined, I can't remember what life was like before he arrived.  I can't believe we are already midway into his 2nd month of life.  He is the perfect addition to our family!

No comments: