Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Introducing Clyde

At the beginning of the holiday season, I didn't envision that an elf would join our family.  However, sometimes you have to let the magic in your kids' eyes lead the way.  After learning about different families' elves between friends, school, and daycare - Addy woke up 2 mornings in a row looking for an elf in our house.  
 
Sooooo, we decided that it must be because we haven't written letters to santa yet that an elf hasn't arrived, and set off to do that!  
 




Once we sent some letters to santa, a few nights later --- an elf magically appeared and was discovered while we were brushing our teeth at bedtime. 
I wish I would've had a camera --- the reaction from Addy was priceless.  She could barely breathe! 
As we were tucking her in, she rubbed her eyes and said "I am not sad, I just have tears because I am so happy that an elf arrived at our house!" 

We decided on the name Clyde.  Since then, for the most part, Clyde isn't too exciting...just goes from place to place.  Every once in a while he gets a bit creative and silly though :) 

Using a tree-shaped Christmas cookie as the seat of a swing and some Christmas ribbon as the chain :)

Trying to get close the action without risking getting touched by Mr. Blake...hiding under a glass

Poor clyde wasn't feeling good the other day, just like dad...so was resting with some Christmas tissue wrap as his pillow and mama's mitten as his bed :)

Mmmmm, candy is always good nutrition for an elf!
Sooo, we have happily invited Clyde to our home, and it has proven to be a fun addition to our Christmas traditions :)

No comments: