Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sharing the News!


I had been hesitant about sharing our news too early, which was driving Aaron crazy! Now that we have been able to tell people, he's been much happier :)

We went to the U.P. on 10/24/08 that is where we started telling people. We tried to keep it quiet, but it turns out the entire Anderson family was on to us. We told Lowell on Saturday morning...and were trying to get Tina and Tammy (and their hubbies) together to be able to tell them before telling more people. We finally got them together while we were at Aaron's auntie Di's house. Well, they barely had the chance to react to the news Aaron shared, when there was an uproar in the house and all of the aunts, uncles, and our niece/nephews, etc...were hugging us. Turns out we were the topic of the weekend, as everyone was expecting some exciting news from us!!

Aaron & I at the NMU Football game in Michigan...before our secret was out!

Aaron then called his mom right away. We wanted to tell her in person, but decided it was best that he called her and told her, to be sure that she heard it from us and not through the grapevine. Jean was full of emotions and tears on the phone. It turns out she had just gone to a Tarot Reader who had told her she had another grandchild on the way...but she was still waiting to figure out which one of her kids was going to be the lucky parent!!

The following week, we went out to my parents house to have supper. I had made a card for them (which by the way, I intended on doing for Lowell, Jean, and my parents, but didn't have the time to do so before the news was shared with them!). The card had a little football on the front and it was purple, gold, and green. On the inside it said:


There is going to be a new fan in town. Packers or Vikings? Only time will tell...

A new member of Team Anderson is arriving on May 27, 2009.

Since Aaron is a Packers fan, and I am a Vikings fan, we thought it'd be a fun, creative way to share the news. My parents were very excited as well. It turns out my dad seemed to have had a feeling we were going to have news like that to share...and mom couldn't wait to start telling people that she was again, going to be a grandma! My sisters already knew our news. I had to share my secret with someone so I could get some questions I had answered...who better than my loving sisters?? :)

Since then, we have started sharing the news with friends. It's exciting to tell people and hear their reactions. First question out of their mouths: Are you going to find out if it is a boy or girl? And the answer is no. We are going to wait until the baby is born. People think we are crazy, but I think it is exciting and will help with the motivation throughout the pregnancy/delivery!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

We are SO excited for you guys...couldn't be happier to hear your baby news! I am so glad that you started a blog so we can follow along in this wonderful journey with you. I look forward to checking it and getting all the updates. Take care of yourself!
Love,
Brooke, Brad, and Rylee

Amber Gauthier said...

So excited that you guys have a blog so I can find out how everything's going! I'm looking forward to checking in for updates! :) Hope you're feeling well Marissa!