Sunday, November 9, 2008

We're Having a Baby!

At the end of September we found out that we are having a baby!! We are so excited. Aaron has been dying to share the news since day one, but I had to have him keep it quiet for just a little bit :) The day we found out that we were having a baby, we did a little research on the web, and found out that at that current time, our little one was about the size of a poppy seed. Since then, we have referred to him/her as "Little Poppy". So, you may find us calling our baby 'Lil Poppy throughout the blog!

It's been a long 11 weeks for us! Especially Aaron, since he had to keep quiet for so long, and wasn't experiencing all the things that I was...it was hard for him. At 6 weeks, I was experiencing severe pain in my right side. I ended up going in for an ultrasound to rule out ectopic pregnancy. That was on 10/6/08...and we saw our baby's heartbeat for the first time! They did indeed, rule out ectopic pregnancy. It turns out I have a cyst on my right ovary that they will keep an eye on, but it seems as though it is very common.

At about 7 weeks, I started having lots of morning sickness. My weakness was brushing my teeth! It made me very sick, and also brought me to the toilet a couple of times :) I was able to get through the days with lots of saltine crackers, and bread...I would typically feel better by the afternoon. The more food in me, the better I felt!

We had our 2nd appt. on 10/27/08, and that is where we met our doctor. Our doctor is the same doctor that both of my sister's have had through all of their pregnancies, so I am very happy to have her be mine. Everything went fine at that appointment, and we got to have another ultrasound to see how things were going, with both the baby and to see if the cyst had reduced.

Later on in the week, I was concerned because I had NO symptoms that I had been experiencing...I was not feeling sick at all. I had emailed my doctor to ask if this was normal (I was about 10 weeks). She said it was probably fine, but to keep an eye on it, and if nothing changed, she'd get an appointment set up. Well, things were the same over the weekend so we had another ultrasound on 11/4/08, and the baby was perfect...heart beating strongly and it's arms and legs were moving around. The baby was sorta waving at me, as to say, "I'm here mom, and doing just fine so stop worrying!" Our doctor even noted that at one time, the head turned toward me. Since that ultrasound, I have been much more calm and just taking things a day at a time! I'm still extremely tired and ready for bed by 8 most nights...so I know something is definitely going on in there!!


Me @ 11 weeks...just a little bump :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello beautiful, welcome to blogging, it will consume you! haha... I am looking forward to updates and following along your little journey! :)

I like seeing "Baby Anderson".... makes me smile!

xoxo

OutdoorMama.com said...

It was so much fun reading your blog! I'm soo excited for you and Aaron and for what you are about to experience! It just brings me back to a year ago already:) I can't wait to see you this weekend Mar!!! Yaayyy...another lil baby on the way:)