Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lil Poppy's Bedroom

Make note - I have posted some basement pics in another post right below this one, so check them out. Aaron has worked hard on that!

A couple people have asked me what Lil Poppy's nursery is going to look like, so I thought I'd finally take the time to post on it. In a nutshell, the color theme is teal, with everything else very neutral. Off white curtains, a very dark wood (espresso) for the crib/dresser...and basically any shade of browns that vary from off white to chocolate brown are going to be in the room.
The only really obvious thing that is going to be teal are the walls...which will consume the room, which is why I decided that everything else would stay very neutral. The closest color description I have for the wall color is the color of a 'Tiffany & Co.' box...most of us ladies know all about those lovely blue boxes!!!

One of my closest friend's mom (Brandi & her mom Brenda) has offered to make a quilt for the baby, and I am SOOO excited about it!!!! I went with the two of them one day to pick out fabric, I have pictures below. She is also going to make a bumper for the crib out of one of the fabrics in the quilt. She was going to make me sheets for the crib and a cover for the changing table mattress also, but I found neutral sheets for both when I registered for upcoming showers, so I told her she didn't have to worry about that.

The 'theme' of the room is stars - not your typical yellow stars, but stars within the color scheme mentioned above. I am getting a saying to put on the wall that will say "Watch for Falling Stars" in a chocolate brown color and will have stars in the room (which I'll show with the pictures below!).
.
I definitely can't wait to get everything together - but that is going to be an early/mid April project, once we can move the stuff out of the spare bedroom downstairs and start putting up Lil Poppy's bedroom. Can't wait!!!

The fabric for the quilt! I'm so excited about these...


This is the color of the walls, but I think the flash makes it look a little lighter than it is. I purchased this basket to put things in next to the changing area...and then I matched the paint to this basket :)

I have a few stars like this in different sizes, they will go around the saying that I am putting on the wall...

My inspiration for the room. I saw this pillow @ a clearance sale that my friend Amy was working at for a decor company that is basically a catalogue company (I am bad, forgot the name)....anyway, I saw this and loved it! Amy got me 2 of these pillows with a BIG discount. THANKS AMES!!!!

2 comments:

White said...

The room is going to look great - can't wait to see it in person!

Jennifer Mulvihill said...

I love your fabrics and the star theme! I just made a pillow for Jay's room that has a big applique star on it. Too cute!