Thursday, July 9, 2009

One Month Old!

While we were in Michigan (pics of our trip to come!), Addalyn turned 1 month old. Can you believe it?????? We are loving every minute we have with our babe.

Addalyn has started to show us some smiles. Early last week I was questioning if she had smiled a few times, and then on July 2nd, our first full day in Michigan, she decided to show me the "real thing". We were so excited! I haven't been able to catch it on the camera yet, we'll work on that!

I'm starting to try and work on getting Addy to fall asleep on her own...for naps and to start getting her on more of a bedtime schedule. She really likes to be cuddled when she falls asleep - and LOOOOVES her pacifier when it is time for bed. If she's ready to sleep, you can get her to go down on her own, but if she is not sleeping hard enough and her pacifier falls out, she is one SAD little girl. We are trying to let her cry it out, but sometimes we go in and give it to her after a while. Any suggestions on how to get a schedule started?? We are new parents, and I'm open to hearing what worked for others!

Addy had a check up on 6/26, when she was 3 weeks, 2 days old. Here are her stats:

Length - 21.7 inches (79%)
Weight - 8.7 pounds (51%)
Head - 37.3 centimeters (67%)

She is still able to wear her newborn clothes because she's such a skinny girl (she's long and skinny for the most part), but the length is an issue with some of those. The length is perfect on 0-3 month clothes.

I decided that I'm going to take a picture of Addy every month next to this bear for the first year to see the progress of her growth. Thanks Auntie Tammy for sharing 'Bubba' with Addalyn! Enjoy the pics below :)
.

No comments: