We are all in okay spirits - staying positive and hoping that surgery is all that is necessary to remove the tumor. Shannon was at the cabin when she got the news with my sis Angela and 2 friends. I had plans on going up there with Addalyn on Tuesday. She decided she wanted to stay at the cabin - she has 3 little ones at home (Brynne 4, Brooklynn 3, and Drew 1) and she felt it'd be hard to be around them and stay positive while she was processing things. So, Addy & I still went up on Tuesday, and just got home last night. It was a really great trip.
Shannon is remaining postive, as we all are. My dad has been working at the Mayo Clinic for over 30 years - and that has paid off! He's been able to round up the best surgical team he knew by talking with colleagues :) My dad works in surgery at Mayo, so he does know a lot of the team (if not all of them) and hand picked the best for his daughter (who wouldn't??!!!). The anesthesiologist is actually on vacation next week, but not going anywhere for it, so agreed to come in to do the surgery on Tuesday. Cheers to that :)
I was debating sharing the news on the blog, but Shannon said she didn't mind, so I am passing it along. It would have felt a little weird, posting pictures of things going on in ours and Addy's life without mentioning this, so I'm glad she gave me the okay.
Enjoy the pics of our time at the cabin...and please pray that Shannon's surgery goes well and her recovery is quick from this ordeal.
WHAT THE HECK! (an awesome pizza place by our cabin that we all bought sweatshirts at!)
I LOOOOOOOOVE my sisters!
My babes and I
5 comments:
My thoughts are with you and hope to hear positive news after her surgery on Tuesday!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you for your sister. I hope surgery goes well and she gets awesome news after. I'm glad you got to have some "girl time". Addy sure is a cutie. We're thinking about you!!!
Jason, Becky, and boys
We will definitely keep your sister and your family in our thoughts and prayers. We hope to hear some good news from you next week after her surgery.
we will most definitely keep your sister and your family in our thoughts & prayers... we look forward to a future entry with positive news.
thinking of you!!
xoxo
Wow, how scary. We are sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family. That's great that your Dad could do that for his daughter. In our thoughts - Amy and Adam
Post a Comment