Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What a Week...and it's only Tuesday :)

First of all - THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE PRAYERS! Please Please Please keep them coming for Shannon. Shannon's surgery is over with and she is in recovery. We just got home from visiting her. The cancer had gone through the colon wall, which is not good...but they removed 45 lymph nodes and tested ALL of them and NONE OF THEM tested positive for cancer. WHOO HOO TO THAT! We will know more as she recovers in the hospital. There is a very good chance she will have additional treatment such as chemo or radiation.
.
I also started working again this week - so it has been EXTREMELY emotional for me! I was doing okay when I was getting ready for work yesterday morning, until I had to go in and wake my peaceful sleeping baby and she wasn't happy. I just kept saying "I'm so sorry" (and yes, had a few tears in my eyes). I did have a breakdown around 11:30 or so and called Aaron and lost it - told him I just wanted to go home and be with my baby. But honestly, I think it was just more because I was worried about Shannon and was having a hard time being in the "real world" at the moment.
So - to leave you with some smiles...here's a few pics of our babes!

This pic is now my background at work on my computer so I can look at her all the time!

She just looks so dang cute, you just want to kiss her cheeks over and over!

***************************************************

LIKE MAMA OR DADDY???

So, these next pictures of Addy have already been posted, but we've been told that the top one looks like Aaron, and the bottom one looks like me. So, I decided to post them next to pictures of us as babies.

Been told this looks like Aaron

One of the youngest pics of Aaron we have scanned in...

Been told this looks like me...

Aaron and I think that I might be able to claim her eyes :)
.
Maybe sometime in the future I'll put up a little poll to see what you all think...is she looking like here mama, daddy, a mix - or is she just Addalyn???

2 comments:

White said...

So glad to hear that Shannon's surgery went well and that she is in recovery. We will keep sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! Addy is so cute - I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to be at work and away from her especially with your sister in surgery. You are a strong woman! Miss you a ton!

Rachel said...

So glad to hear that Shannon's surgery went well and is in recovery! We will keep sending positive vibes her way:)